Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

40' "Burning Man" Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Diane & Wayne
posted
The faux leopard decor has me ROTFLMAO, but aside from that it appears quite impressive to my novice eyes, check it out:

http://www.wbsmarketing.com/MC/#specs

Posts: 24 | Location: Staten Island & the Catskills, NY | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Diane:
The faux leopard decor has me ROTFLMAO, but aside from that it appears quite impressive to my novice eyes, check it out:
Excellent Marketing!!!

I know I've seen this Barth before... Anyone? Like a brochure or something?? Doubtful it is, the lower compartment door is open, but it still seems familiar.

How appropriate. Burning Man even has their very own Burning Man Barth.

Tour The Silver Seed.
quote:
The Silver Seed is a retrofitted 30-year-old terrestrial surface vehicle, adapted for Black Rock Desert survival and specially equipped as a base station for cybernetic evolution.
Why is it named the Silver Seed?
quote:
~ After the Goldrush ~

Well, I dreamed I saw the knights
In armor coming,
Saying something about a queen.
There were peasants singing and
Drummers drumming
And the archer split the tree.
There was a fanfare blowing
To the sun
That was floating on the breeze.
Look at Mother Nature on the run
In the nineteen seventies.
Look at Mother Nature on the run
In the nineteen seventies.

I was lying in a burned out basement
With the full moon in my eyes.
I was hoping for replacement
When the sun burst thru the sky.
There was a band playing in my head
And I felt like getting high.
I was thinking about what a
Friend had said
I was hoping it was a lie.
Thinking about what a
Friend had said
I was hoping it was a lie.

Well, I dreamed I saw the silver
Space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun,
There were children crying
And colors flying
All around the chosen ones.
All in a dream, all in a dream
The loading had begun.
They were flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home in the sun.
Flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home.

~ Neil Young

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Danger Ranger - an earthbound space cadet - creative and talented in a wacked out sort of way ...........but I'm not judging! Looks like the original Silver Seed had a bustle.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:

http://www.wbsmarketing.com/MC/#specs

I believe that was the Donald Trump Interior Decor Package that Barth offered. It was dropped after Trump threatened to sue because it was too conservative and not luxurious enough for his name to grace it.

But seriously, parvenu decor aside, that is a very nice coach. Anyone wanna guess what year it is?

I love the earlier Regency cabinetry, before they abandoned the vertical rail and stile doors and went to the tilted plain doors. The change was particularly disappointing to me, because some of the earlier Regencies had frame and raised panel construction, rather than frame and flat panels like my lowly gasser. And, surprisingly, some eighties Regencies had vertical plain wood doors.

According to the PO, my cabinetry was an upgrade. He said it was Regency cabinetry, but I don't know if Regencies ever had flat panels with frames. At any rate, they are a cut above some of the others I have seen. The few Regency doors I have looked at carefully had either frame and raised panels or just a flat slab. But, heck, All Barths are Different.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Diane & Wayne
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe that was the Donald Trump Interior Decor Package that Barth offered.

LOL Oops and here I thought it was the Elizabeth Taylor Passion package, sorry my mistake. Wink

On a serious note regarding cabinetry: I prefer the uniqueness and clean lines of the flat cherrywood doors that I'm seeing in many of the Barths here. Most likely that's because the majority of the SOBs we looked at had raised panal doors. Also I've noticed that the hardware Barth used was quite superior to what is found in many SOBs.

On another note: This "Burning Man Barth" is one of the few 40' models that I've seen. Was that the max length Barth produced or are there longer ones out there?
LOL Not that we could go anywhere near that length. As it is we'll be relocating shrubs and losing a walk path to fit a 34-35' one here, so I'm just curious.....it's the Leo in me. Smiler

Posts: 24 | Location: Staten Island & the Catskills, NY | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I believe that was the Donald Trump Interior Decor Package that Barth offered.

LOL Oops and here I thought it was the Elizabeth Taylor Passion package, sorry my mistake. Wink

Well, I think Liz had better taste in decor than in men. I will never forget hearing her declare that Michael Jackson was the most normal man she had ever met. Those words. No wonder she had so many husbands. Smiler

quote:

The majority of the SOBs we looked at had raised panel doors. Also I've noticed that the hardware Barth used was quite superior to what is found in many SOBs.

Yes. But most SOBs have tacky doors and hardware. All of mine did. Even Country Coaches have K Mart hinges. As a sawdust producer, I have an eye for good workmanship, quality hardware and classic design. Barth satisfies, plain, framed/raised paneled or framed/flat paneled.

quote:
On another note: This "Burning Man Barth" is one of the few 40' models that I've seen. Was that the max length Barth produced or are there longer ones out there?

I don't think there are. Most states had hard laws during the Barth era on licensing and usage over 40 ft. Some still do. I know CA limits longer MHs to certain roads.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
The Prevost (et. al SOB's) have models longer than 40' and many are 45' but have seen few MH longer than that. At Bluewater Key RV last Feb we saw a bunch of those pulling enclosed two decked trailers with toys, big toys for the big boys.
Our 34' looked small in comparison but then we can get in lots of places they can't!

Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
Former Owners
'95 Barth Regency 34'

Cummins 8.3 Spartan MM
Allison 6 spd

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post