Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

95 Commercial reborn as TV truck
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Community Television of Santa Cruz County (Northern California) purchased this 1995 Barth Commercial model from a used RV dealer.
CTV HD production truck

Truck interior remodeled as television control room

Coach has 29k miles on Ford 460. Originally built by Barth for Rides for Bay Area Commuters as a mobile commuter ridesharing command post, unit was retired and sold to JC's RV of Livermore, CA and became their mobile sales office. CTV of Santa Cruz purchased the unit in Feb. 2010 and began renovation. Job completed in December 2010 and unit began new life as TV production truck. It is outfitted with four Hitachi broadcast HD cameras and supporting equipment to make high def television shows.

posted by Craig Jutson, craig@communitytv.org

Posts: 1 | Location: Santa Cruz, CA | Member Since: 03-02-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our website Craig

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
In case they want a backup, this Barth (similar) has been for sale on the Tampa CraigsList for a year or so. Older, but low miles.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/rvs/2339367476.html

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/11
Picture of Manuel B
posted Hide Post
The Barth in Tampa is down to $4,000. now, but I had a bad experience trying to check it out, for every 5 questions I e-mailed he would answer one, a week later, it is his fathers coach and the seller knows nothing about it, I asked for his or his fathers phone number so I could get some answers, he finally sent me his number 3 weeks later but not his dad's,
Question: does it have a trailer hitch ?.
Answer: I don't know, never looked.

This went on for 3 weeks,one answer at a time or none at all, I finally decided to go see it and set it up to meet him, after a 650 mile drive I called him in the morning when I checked out of my hotel room to tell him I'd be there in a little bit, left a message, when I got to New Port Ritchey, I called again, sat on the corner of Hwy 52 & 19 for 2 1/2 hours waiting for a call back, I finally called and left a message that I was giving up and heading home, he called me back that evening when I was 200 miles North to tell me the coach was on Hwy 52, in a campground with a blue sign, he didn't know the name of it, or the address, or a cross street, and in that part of Florida there are hundreds of campgrounds all over the place, I told him it was getting dark and I would have to drive back South another 200 miles, then wander around looking for an unknown campground in the dark, I wished him luck with the sale but said no thanks, and let him know I had brought cash. I tried.

Posts: 67 | Location: Alabama | Member Since: 04-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
... has been for sale on the Tampa CraigsList for a year or so.
quote:
Originally posted by Manuel B:
The Barth in Tampa is down to $4,000. now, but I had a bad experience trying to check it out...
Sorry you had a bad experience but thanks for updating us on the outcome.

We've been watching that Barth since at least March of 2009.

We have better pics at this link.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Barth in Tampa is down to $4,000. now, but I had a bad experience trying to check it out, for every 5 questions I e-mailed he would answer one, a week later, it is his fathers coach and the seller knows nothing about it, I asked for his or his fathers phone number so I could get some answers, he finally sent me his number 3 weeks later but not his dad's,
Question: does it have a trailer hitch ?.
Answer: I don't know, never looked.

I live only 25 miles from there. If you want I can try to look at it for you.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Manuel B
posted Hide Post
Corey, Thank you very much for the offer, but after my 1,300 mile, $500. trip hauling the empty tow dolly and the seller not being available I don't want to try again on this one. I'll keep looking.

Posts: 67 | Location: Alabama | Member Since: 04-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Manuel, that's enough to p*** off the good humor man. You've handled it far more gracefully than I would have. I'd have probably called my New Joisey friend 'Guido'.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Manuel B
posted Hide Post
Well now the tall 30' in Tampa is down to $2,500.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/rvs/2456061293.html

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I had a couple guys stop by a few weeks ago because they saw our Barth sitting in the driveway and they were on the way to look at this one. He had a price of 3g at that time. I gave them the benefit of all my Barth wisdom Razzer and they were on their way to buy this monster. I never heard back from them and haven't seen this thing gracing any local driveways so I guess it didn't go well.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Manuel B
posted Hide Post
I think it has finally found a new owner, listing removed by seller, I would enjoy seeing what they do to it, I had all sorts of ideas, maybe they will share their progress here ?.