Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1977 Barth 21 ft Motorhome - Ebay, in Calif.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1977 Barth 21 ft Motorhome - Ebay, in Calif.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191088...1088150721&viewitem=

This is a really cute shortie. Looks to be in great shape. Wish I had space for another one. cheers- Ric

Posts: 77 | Location: Seattle, Wa | Member Since: 04-30-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
"There are a few bumbs and bruises"

HEY, is talking about us?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Looks like this is John Zippo's new RV

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumps and bruises are signs of living. The Barth failed my reserve so I will charge forward with the restoration.

Posts: 4 | Location: Thousand Oaks, California | Member Since: 02-21-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
This is the only other rear door model shortie (other than ours) I have seen.

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So does this mean we have super rare rigs? I'm actually very happy the reserve was not met, I really love my Chode 21. I still need to get the overhead amber clearance lights working. I must have a bad ground...I don't know where to look without removing the fiberglass cap.

Posts: 4 | Location: Thousand Oaks, California | Member Since: 02-21-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ric "Turtle":
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191088...1088150721&viewitem=

This is a really cute shortie. Looks to be in great shape. Wish I had space for another one. cheers- Ric

>>>>posted 3 days ago:
http://www.browsevehicle.com/d...d_191088150721.html#

>>> $4950...info from old Ebay listing
You are looking at a super rare 1977 21 foot Barth class A Motorhome. I was told this is one of only 16 made in this model. If you are like me you may have never heard of a Barth. I found this one and thought what a cool little class A motorhome. Lucky for me it was for sale an lucky for you it's on EBAY! After doing some research, I discovered what a great coach this is and how fantastic they are built. Barth wanted to target the high end buyer rather than the market that Winnebago's were targeting in the early days. These Barths are constructed entirely of aluminum. No staples here...this rig cost around $20,000 back in 1977. You could purchase a nice house for a little bit more! Barth never produced more than 300 rigs in a single year. They were all custom built to the specs decided by the buyer. This rig is in original condition. I have cleaned it up a bit but really have done little. The interior is in great shape with everything working. Of course this rig retains the interior that screams 1970's but I think this adds to the cool factor. I have replaced the entire brake system on the front, replaced house and main batteries, and checked all appliances, which all work great. I made a few repairs to the roof and there are no leaks currently but this will need to be further addressed by the new owner. The rig passed smog without any problem.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post