Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

OR: 1981 MCC 35ft
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Barth Community! cheers A friend and I both bought Barth coaches in early June and drove them back from the mid-west to Seattle without incident. Hope we can cross paths soon. Where is home?

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums! Steering and brake upgrades are available.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Wow... and I thought my adventure was notable. Midwest to Seattle? That is impressive. Home is east of Everett.

Posts: 40 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 09-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
Wow, looks like we are getting a pretty good west coast collection of the Barths. So 200 miles from Portland huh. I am just over 150 miles in Belfair.
We just might have to have a west coast or just a Washington get together sometime.
Welcome to the club. This site is awesome with tons of knowledge and advice.

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Yes, I've been doing some reading about upgrades, parts availability, etc. I'm in the information gathering stage now. Wondering if anyone has successfully upgraded any older motorhomes (particularly MCC) with S-cam style air brakes? Seems like a good way to eliminate some potential trouble... but a significant challenge to piece it together.

Posts: 40 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 09-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
I would say a good source of help would be MCR.Motor Coach Restoration

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim & Barb:
www.rvsrepair.com

Jim Black has officially retired and has closed both his business and his website at the end of 2013....

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post