Notify
Tools
Gas Pusher is Back
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
This time it's "No Reserve" but at the bottom of the ad they say this is a mistake and there really is a reserve. Why don't they just correct the ad?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
this one is a strange deal on E-bay, this is the second time it has been sold, with the reserve meet, and now its back, with the same owner? reserve was meet, and sold this last time for $12,500.00? that was almost a month ago?

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
For continuity's sake. Here is the one thread that talks about this coach the most... with links.

I am sure that there are a lot more. Lets keep that one thread going as the clearing house for this coach.

It's a shame really: For the eventual new owner who will stumble onto this site... Ebay's integrity Roll Eyes... the fact that it gets picked apart every few weeks Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
This time it's "No Reserve" but at the bottom of the ad they say this is a mistake and there really is a reserve. Why don't they just correct the ad?

After an auction has received bids, information cannot be removed from the listing (which I assume includes changing the subject line). It can only added to the bottom of the listing (with a time/date stamp) like the seller did.

The first auction must have ended with a non-paying bidder, despite the first "sale". That's another reality with eBay, especially big ticket items. I routinely watch other Thor motorhomes just to compare to mine, and there are some I've seen relisted 3-4 times over several months.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottydl:
The first auction must have ended with a non-paying bidder, despite the first "sale".
Here's the issue Scott. The winner the previous time around was the same winner the last time around. k***e won it the last 2 times. nono

He also listed it both of those times with the words "No Reserve"

He keeps re-listing this and it strongly appears that he is using a ghost bidder the last 2 times to boost the price up. I am trying to keep all of this information in one post so as to keep the information in it's proper timeline. This is why I'm asking anyone who wishes to comment on this coach to please do so at this link.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post