Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Just a new barth owner!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Just a new barth owner!
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of drew
posted
Hello all! My name is Andrew, and I am here in Oklahoma City, OK. I have owned several motor homes, and even looked at buying one a couple years back that was in Tulsa.

I recently found a 1976 Barth, 30 foot? It belonged to the owners father who bought it in 1992. It has been sitting since 1996.

Ok, long story short, I purchased the Barth for $1000 dollars and I am currently doing repairs to the Barth in hopes of driving it 30 miles to my new residence. She Lives!!!! Just got her to start and run on friday, moved it forward and back a few feet to test transmission.

I am so glad I found this site. I have already fallen for her, so its too late to turn back now. Thankgoodness im a skilled mechanic, and you all have the Barth Smarts!

Andrew

8411316331FP1
1985 Barth 31 foot
454 Chevy

Posts: 65 | Location: oklahoma | Member Since: 11-14-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Glad to have you as one of us, we are all Barth crazy and look forward to pictures of your Barth and your data tag (if you have trouble finding it just let us know as we have some hints for you.) I own a 1975 and 1985. Again glad to have you and visit with us often and if you would be interested come over to the chat room and chat with us.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums. When you get a chance, post some pictures of your coach and take one of the data tag that has the tire size and psi and weight rating. This tag is located around the drivers area.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Drew. cheers You're going to have a lot of fun here. With your skills, putting your new family member in good shape will be a snap!
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Always good to hear about another old Barth being brought back from Purgitory to be put back on the road again. As a wrench, I suppose you're already on a first-name basis down at NAPA. If not, you soon will be ROTFLMAO.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard, Drew. We use to live out in your neck of the woods in Pauls Valley. Enjoyed that part of the country. Good luck with the coach and keep us all posted with commentary and pictures as you progress.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tommy B. Willis
posted Hide Post
Welcome Drew. You will enjoy the posts and all the wisdom accumulated from the members here. A very rare group.

A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes a duty."

8408-3125-28FP3
1985 28' Regal
454 Chevrolet
P32 Chassis

Posts: 56 | Location: Central Mississippi  | Member Since: 05-26-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post