Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A Big "FRED" in Augusta, GA
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
I was out at Augusta Tech having a part machined for my tractor when I spotted this big Barth. This was a mobile training facility that belonged to Bell South. They donated to the school in 2003 and it has set here since then. I have talked to the school president to see if they are interested in disposing of it.

It is 38 ft. (I measured it) Front Engine Diesel. I looked under it and I'm guessing a 5.9. Definitely an inline 6 cylinder with a turbo mounted on the lower right side. It is on a Oshkosh chassis with a tag axle. Two diesel generators. Mounted on the curb side is a 7KW unit and on the street side is a 10KW unit. It has a massive radiator. Rear door and drivers door. I have a picture of VIN tag but can't read the last numbers. The ZipDee awning is 23 feet long. That's the longest awning they make. There was also a tremendous amount of basement storage. Three roof top A/C's.

Since I could get a picture of the paint code tag, I'm going to GUESS that this is a 1993 unit since it was painted on 10-14-92. I will further guess that if I can get in it the unit number will be 92??-3827-38??

Also note the truck headlight units that are flush mounted and are the larger seal beams. Haven't seen that on a Barth before.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
That thing must be dark inside. Eeker

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Wow... Nice find Nick! Thumbs Up

My guess with only 2 digits being off Tin Foil Hat Club
9210-3827-38ST35

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougZ:
That thing must be dark inside. Eeker

With those two gensets, you could power enough lights to get a sunburn.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I don't know about it personally, but I've heard that some people are in the business of "Stag Party" Limo service. With a bunch of work and imagination, this coach could be the ultimate!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I got a hot tub we could put in there bro....

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post