Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Do we collect data on all these sightings..
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Do we collect data on all these sightings..
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
for the data base project?

I do read that members have contacted some of the sellers and report on them which is a great service for potential buyers here. I would like to see the data tag project expanded with new information when/where ever it can be collected. Seems like alot of info is available out there..

just curious..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 426 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The Data Tag project is a remarkable example of why this site is so valuable and unique. At one time Nick Cagle did a lot of work collecting data and Bill NY entered the data on a regular basis.

Nick is still around here fairly often but now runs around in a nice Foretravel. Bill was buried by job and family responsibilties and the project slowed. It is indeed a valuable resource.

I have always said the daily banter comes and goes but the real value of this site is the archived material. We have done a great job documenting our upgrades and repairs to our aging coaches.

We see many outside views from SOB coach owners who have similar issues. If you Google many RV topics you will find links to this site. Considering the number of Winnebagos, Allegros, etc you should see more links to them but this site often has better info.

It is a credit to our members who contribute. This is the main reason I try to document my projects. I realized a while back that many younger people don't even know what a carburetor is, let alone how to fix one. The older we get the fewer experienced members we have. I have already witnessed the passing of several guru/mentors. I regret not meeting Bill h, I miss him. I have tried to document the work I do for the sake of others who then do not have to "re-invent the wheel."

My 454HO engine swap is over 25,000 views now. My top five threads are well over 75,000 views. These are not just viewers from this site, they come from all over. I like to think I have helped a few newbies keep their coaches running.

Meanwhile, Bill NY somehow manages to keep the site going between running a business and raising a family. Another one I hope to meet soon.

The data tag project is a work in progress. We can all help by trying to solicit info for each coach that appears here. Many sellers are vague, some are illegitimate, (like those trying to sell Quinn's coach) and many do not contribute info or support even after selling their coach here. Too bad.

All we can do is keep building on what we have.

"Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers…"

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5193 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Steve thanks for taking the time to put together a great explanation Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
I have often times grabbed the data tag from Craigslist or feeBay to have Bill NY add them here. If anyone wants to learn more on how to add to our knowledge base here by collecting data on Barth coaches, I will show them how.
If you are willing to ask the Barth seller for a data tag picture, that would even be more helpful. We will add it to the collection here. Sometimes we already have the information. It is interesting if we already have information on a coach.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:
Do we collect data on all these sightings..

for the data base project?
The short answer is - Yes.

The long answer is - We try, but only with your help can we do this. Computer
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:
I would like to see the data tag project expanded with new information when/where ever it can be collected. Seems like alot of info is available out there..
You're preaching to the choir here. Many members have expressed the same thing but sadly not everyone is as forthcoming. Oh well, it's their prerogative. Confused

I encourage everyone to supply a picture of the data tag and an image of their coach.

Even just getting a vin# alone (required for eBay) and I'll add it to the data tag project too. There's a section at the very bottom for partial information. Usually we can square that with the actual data tag number in the future.

See it on ebay? See it on Craigslist? Grab a few screen shots and the selling blurb and post it in sightings. Link it back to the actual post for future reference and I'll do the rest of the work.

While it's true that sometimes biz and personal obligations might delay the inclusion into the data tag project I believe EVERYONE that has requested inclusion is in there now.

It's a valuable resource that helps us understand the natural progression of what Barth was doing and the mindset into their biz model moving forward. It gives us clues and helps us understand the actual number of coaches made.

Forensic accounting? Archeological dissection? post mortem analysis? IDK but it's interesting and offers some semblance of order. hmm

It's cool to see what was transpiring by data mining and linking reality to it. We found one coach that had another members coach center cup holder installed in it. Some members have chatted with Barth owners purely based on the fact that their coach was built right in front of, or just behind, their coach.

At one point in time the prevailing theory...
quote:
Not Even Close based on our data collection.

Back in the day I tried several times to get a topic started on these tags. It failed miserably each time. I literally felt like I was... head bang

Once I took over the day to day I delved deeper into it. After I got started Nick wanted to help me with them and became the collector of these tags. Thus the data tag project was born and nurtured to what we have today.

It has it's own forum and unless you're a member you're forbidden to see into that area. If you sign out you're unable to get back in to that forum.

It's a collaboration here and no one does everything. I'd be overwhelmed if not for the few moderators and regular members who help out on our boards. Thank you to all that have contributed to this worthwhile project.
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
The Data Tag project is a remarkable example of why this site is so valuable and unique.
BTW: Never got one of M0037 Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The tag is somewhat obscured by the curtain track and the wallpaper. Photos soon.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5193 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill NY. I noticed you have Regency 0128 and mine is 0127. Does this mean mine was built just in front of yours? If so, why is my vin number so far different than every else? (BTW we changed our ID from Jax to Fred & Cindy).

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
...and a few after "The Barth Show Coach" Put out there.

8911-0136-38RDG C5

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Kevin.... What???

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fred & Cindy:
Hello Bill NY. I noticed you have Regency 0128 and mine is 0127. Does this mean mine was built just in front of yours? If so, why is my vin number so far different than every else? (BTW we changed our ID from Jax to Fred & Cindy).

Bill N Y has a "Regis", like the Sovereign, a singular coach...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
The tag is somewhat obscured by the curtain track and the wallpaper.

Why would someome drill holes through this plate? It is only glued on, could have been moved... head bang

Looks like the chassis was built in 95, coach completed in 97… hmm

I will post these in the Data Tag forum.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp