Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1986?? BARTH ROYALE? : SiouxLookout 17000 Canada
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1986?? BARTH ROYALE? : SiouxLookout 17000 Canada
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
http://ckdr.net/classified/per...php?aID=196009&cID=7

Item: Barth motor home

Details:: Call or text, SEE PICS

Asking price: 17000

Call: 807-738-2490

Email: davegall33@gmail.com

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
This coach does not have the large radius roof edge that the Royals in the Barth sales sheet have. It has a different brow above the windshield, as well.

I did a little work on Dave and Linda Alexander's coach (also from Canada)about ten or twelve years ago when we met outside Quartzsite. She said it was a Royale, and it had Royale Coaches painted on the front with a crown between the words. It looked OEM. On the skin forward of the door, there was something saying "built by Royale Coaches" .

It also had the Regal roof edge and brow. Interestingly, it also had a Gear Vendors, like the one for sale now. It had headers, too. I wonder if this one does, too.

I looked at the data plate to see the weight rating. I think it was in the bin over the windshield The numbers were what would be normal for a Regal. There was a post here where Dave Bowers quoted a former employee, maybe a Barth family member, saying that the side panels were really heavy to lift when assembling the body, so I was looking for more weight. Sadly, I do not remember if the tag said Barth on it or not. I would guess it did, or I would probably remember.

I think someone is gonna have to get on the good side of Lee Merriman to get the whole story on the Royales and the Canadian whatevers.

Anyway, it was a essentially a longer version of our 30 tag. In some ways, I thought ours was a little nicer inside, but all Barths are custom, so that means little.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:

I think someone is gonna have to get on the good side of Lee Merriman to get the whole story on the Royales and the Canadian whatevers.

It really would be great to get our hands on those records. When I talked to Hank Wadley (Barth Ranger president) at the last Milford, he was just as disappointed. Evidently Lee wouldn't even return HIS phone calls. Apparently Lee felt slighted somehow and has completely refused to cooperate. I was told he had 2 file cabinets of Barth records.

We really should keep after this, if he dies I suspect his widow will get rid of them then, either in the trash or to us if we're there at the right time.

I offered to scan copies, even at his location, if we got permission. Hank had no luck at all. Maybe we should pick up the chase again.

I did not get any documents with my coach, I'd love to have more info. I'm getting too old for a stealth "black operation" to recover the files.
Too bad. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
if he dies I suspect his widow will get rid of them then, either in the trash or to us if we're there at the right time.

Shirley is a very nice lady.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Shirley is a very nice lady.

That is what I have heard also. I think she's our best bet to recover the Barth stuff.

At one time Lee was willing to help Barth owners and did actually give some coach owners the documents to their coach when they were requested. My bro-in-law called him about 10 years ago for information about replacement bumpers and he was helpful then. I'm not sure what changed but Lee is no longer even talking to the Rangers, let alone other owners. Too bad.

Hopefully it's not too late, Lee's not getting any younger and I haven't heard anything on the subject in about 2 years. Sure would be nice to get that stuff.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
I think you are right that the radius is not quite correct for a Royale....something doesn't look quite right.... The other day I was looking at my title and realized it says "Royale" on the title....No other designations anywhere...but mine matches the Royale brochure...On other thing mine has an all oak interior...really makes it dark inside...all the walls are oak except the bath. Also, it came with actual chromed wheels, not just chrome wheel disks...and places for recessed, indirect lighting behind the overhead cabinets, though no recessed, indirect lighting was installed.

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
K&E....Can you post a photo of your data plate?

Have you weighed it?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
The previous owner of my coach got all records for the original order forms, production schematics, drawings of metal framing and wiring, and drawings of cabinets. I have all papers signed after production and delivery, original invoice from manufacture and the certificate of origin from Gillig And a copy of the floor plan and copy of check issued to Barth from commercial credit on floor plan from dealer.

PO had all parts manuals, mantinance manuals, and repair manuals for the cat motor, the Gillig chassis, and manuals for the allison transmission and all manuals for refrigerator, water heater and all accessories used inside. He did say that he had obtained these from Lee.

Below is list from invoice:

1990 Barth Regency $143,480
Main awning. 960
12 ft awning. 450
2 6 ft awnings. 550
Large tv in br exchange 150
102'' wide body. 5,000
Corian galley. 600
Plank flooring. 300
Tile in bath. 455
Optional tires. 255
Transportation
Louisville, Ky to
San Diego, Ca. 1,510

Total FOB San Diego $153,686

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Best I remember the unloaded weight was 18700

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K&E:
Best I remember the unloaded weight was 18700

That doesn't fit in with the older posts about the Royale being really heavy.