Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    40 miles in the woods is good for your soul...
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

40 miles in the woods is good for your soul...
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Yesterday I was on an ATV outing in the wood of Monticello, NY. We wound up doing approx 40 miles of riding and spent about 5hrs playing.

This area is known as the "River Wash" and one guy wound up going in "Too Deep"

Problems... handlebars turned in the wrong direction - winching from the rack at a side angle - quad still tipped on its side. D'oh

Here's what the start of the event looked like.

We had permission from many property and biz owners to pass through their properties. Nice that some people still allow this type of co-operation. Here's a quarry field we drove through.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Ah the boys and their Toys!

I was in the UP of Mi in the late 80's when the guys decided to go trail riding on their ATVs (we even had some 3 wheelers then!) Remember, these are the same guys that ride snowmobiles all winter and put them in trees...

Anyway, it's dark I'm on a borrowed 4 wheeler but I don't know the trails, so I'll follow behind, right? WRONG!

1st problem: it's really dry and dusty. I'm the 7 th guy in the back.
2: It's dark and I can't see nothin' but a taillight in front of me
3: these guys know the trail and they're going like H
4: If I lose them I have no idea where I am. (Didn't even have a compass) head bang

In all my years of riding stuff I never rode so hard so long. We did about 40 miles I don't remember any of the terrain! We did manage to stay out of the river (at least on that trip... did you ever try ride one over a beaver dam?) ROTFLMAO

You must be in pretty good shape to do that. I gave up trail riding a while back because my legs and back won't take it any more. So far the Silver Wing has been OK on the road for me.

I do all my off road in the Barth now. (ask Tom Johns how I got the front wheel off the ground!) confusion

Glad you had a chance to play! Looks like great fun. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun! Thanks for the pics Bill.

Smiler

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous. That looks like FUN!!! Talk about stress relief.....or NOT????????

tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post