Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1990 33ft Regal SE - Road Ready
 Login now/Join our community

posted
This Barth is ready to ride, she is calling for the road. Hi friends!

We’ve started thinking about selling our 33’ Barth Regal SE from 1990. She has served us so well this past year but with our growing family there’s just not enough space.

I wanted to ask for your help with some pricing pointers as well as see if there’s any interest.

At this present moment this is what we’re working with.

A -major- plus is that a brand new engine was put in recently which only has a 2 or 3 hundred miles on it. And the body itself can’t have more than 100,000. (I’ll check in a few days and update)
As well as having the original interior mostly in tact.
We also have all the original paperwork.

Anyway some of the required maintenance:
Plumbing needs some resealing but works great.
There are some plugs that don’t work and we haven’t figured out why.
The top airconditioners/heaters have been acting up.
The exterior paint is faded and could be redone

Besides that. She’s quite the beauty.

We intend to do that maintenance but might also sell her as a “fix ‘er upper”.

The main reason we’re thinking of selling is because we’re pretty sure this is someone’s dream Barth.

I’d love your input.

We made a really intricate post for you all, with all the ins and outs as well as an abundance of pictures. But for some reason we're having a lot of difficulty listing our Barth, please view our full ad here!

https://www.facebook.com/marke...em/1700756690448245/

Posts: 21 | Location: Idaho | Member Since: 12-17-2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This beast is ready to ride, she is calling for the road.

We started in an old beat up Ford F-150 until we met a couple in Eastern Idaho who would change our life’s forever. �After spending some time in a tent and sleeping in the back of the truck in some well less than ideal spots we decided we needed a motorhome. And boy, what a beauty we found.

When we both layed eyes upon this barth we couldn’t believe something so perfect could exist. The man who owned her had recently got a whole new motor and carburetor installed, but after downsizing to a small travel trailer this Barth was just sitting. Winter was quickly approaching and we got to spend time in Barth, however, while planning out where to go once spring arrived. Then we found out we were expecting a baby! Our dreams to travel slowly transformed into dreams to settle and build a family. We moved her two hours east and there again, she was sitting.

We made it through a great year inside Barth. We made it our home, but recently we moved into a rental for more space and a warmer spot for our baby. �And good ol’ Barth. Feeling the engine start right up humming and singing with such joy to be on the move again. Not only got us thinking it got us to have a serious conversation about Barth.

Every single time we start Barth, you can just feel that she is ready for the road. So it is with a heavy heart that we have decided it is best to sell her to someone who can give her the adventure of the open road and treat her as the road warrior she is.

That is where you come in, because this Barth is ready to ride.

We are asking $16,500 for our 1990 Regal SE 33ft motorhome, located in SE Idaho.
She had 60,XXX miles on the body and less than 100 miles on the motor.
She is not a brand new motorhome, there are some things on the to do list but nothing major, with a brand new motor carburetor, we believe that price is fair.

Posts: 21 | Location: Idaho | Member Since: 12-17-2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That is a nice Barth! I had an 86 33 Regal SE for several years. Drove it about 44,000 miles. I still miss it.

This old site is restricted to one photo attachment per post. You can make several posts if you have multiple pictures.

Good luck with your sale!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Sadly, there are numerous factors which affect the selling price of old RVs. Number one, most banks will not finance coaches over ten years old. This really cuts into the buyers available.

Number two, there are fewer and fewer buyers who have the knowledge and skills that are needed to maintain vehicles and to keep ours going. Finding and paying others to do the work can be difficult and very expensive.

We have become a throwaway society, and many do not appreciate quality products that can last forever when well maintained.

I had a 1986 33ft Regal tag axle. Paid $10k for it, replaced tires, suspension, brake lines, 400hp 454HO fuel injected engine, new trans, driveshafts, radiator, ACs, heaters, and numerous other. Had at least $25k into it. Decided it was too small and put it up for sale. I was asking $15k for it. In spite of the numerous improvements, I had little interest. Two guys from Texas expressed interest. Flew to Michigan to buy it sight unseen. Considering their airfare from Texas and cost to bring it home, I let it go for $13.5k. Mind you, it was a turnkey coach and they drove it to Texas without trouble.

I took a financial beating, but hey, they bought it and used it and enjoyed it. I drove it for 40,000 miles and met some of my best friends. Worth every penny.

Then I bought a 98 37ft Monarch for $30k. Put about 20K into it. I have driven it for about 40k miles, spent 6 winters in Florida living in it. I would be lucky to get $30k for it. Doesn't matter. The times have been worth it.

So, what can you sell yours for? Good question. Sadly, probably less than it is worth. New engine will help. With luck you can find a buyer who appreciates it and doesn't need a loan. Let us know how it goes.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Bankers never amortize enjoyment.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Thanks for your input!

We’re gonna go through it over the next few weeks to deep clean and after that we’ll put up an add for the next owner!

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

On the other hand here is our story in short.
Ten years ago we bought 1988 Bluebird Wanderlodge for $26K. I don't know how much we put into it over the years but we used it a lot, maintained it well, updated some systems into the modern standards, but we didn't put crazy money into it. Last fall we decided to downsize and we both 25 ft. Barth - kids did grow up so there's only two of us traveling now. We sold Wanderlodge in TWO DAYS since listening online for $38K cash.
Good luck on your sale, I hope you will find a right buyer that will appreciate what you have.

Posts: 37 | Location: Wisconsin | Member Since: 03-03-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Click here to see the Facebook ad!

She’s up for sale!

posted Hide Post
Hi friends! We’ve uploaded a bunch of new pictures and a video to the Facebook ad!

Just wanted to let you know this beauty is still available and we’re open to negotiating the price.

posted Hide Post