Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Making holes in roof of Barth
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Making holes in roof of Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted
Some of my winter projects are to run the co-ax for cell antenna from roof to the dashboard area. Does anyone have any idea where and how this can be done. I can�t seem to find where the wires are now that go from roof to dash without taking lots of cabinets and windows apart, which I really don�t want to do if there is an easier way.

The other related project is to add a Wingard TV antenna to the roof. The original antenna was replaced with a crank up satellite dish, and I want the off-air capability back. Suggestions are being gratefully accepted as to how to do the mount. I�m planning on it being in the area over driver�s area to match the satellite controls on the passenger side.
What I need are ideas as to how to get to the area, and how to reinforce and then seal it.

This is my first attempt at adding graphics � hope its ok with the members. If not please say so.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

[This message has been edited by Jack (edited November 15, 2003).]

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Jack, I think there is a new type of passive cell phone antenna that attaches to the outside of the windshield. It increases the cell phone without having any co-ax or wires running to it. I don''t have one but heard about it. So far we never had any problems using our cell phones without an outside antenna. Hope this helps since you don't have to drill any holes. Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Actually the antenna is already in place on the roof, the problem is, that presently I have the co-ax coiled up in the over the driver compartment and dangle it down into the dash when needed. I want to find the �hidden pathway� from the front driver side roof area to the dashboard area.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You probably have considered running it down next to the center windshield post, or making up a channel trim pcs. that was centered on the rubber seal, or could straddle same. I am thinking of the same deal, and will probably use an alum. channel and paint black. Just a thought. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone with a spotlite or air horns on the roof could tell us where the wires or holes are run.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post