Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Motor problems
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Motor problems
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted
Need help.

We were getting ready to leave for the race in Talladega and the old faithful has motor issues. Engine was running fine and all of a sudden smoke from the wireing leading to the fuel solonid.

Shut her down and it will not re-start.

Does anyone know of a RV Rental Company that would rent one at such short notice in this general area or anywhere here or on the way.

Hate to miss the race.

Thanks
ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Ed,

Seems simpler and cheaper to get someone to fix the Barth on the quick. It is likely the solenoid itself or a bad ground/relay. I'll bet it's something very simple and you need to fix eventually anyway. Glad it happened in your yard.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Corey:

I called around for someone to come and look at it and am not having much luck. The one that did return my call gave me his rates but also said he had never worked on that type motor so he wasn't sure he could fix it or find the parts.

I am going to get it fixed and will find someone to do it. We have been waiting all year for the race and would hate to miss it in case it can't be repaired before Thursday. The spot we have will only allow motor homes.

It just happened and it's difficult to get someone to respond on a Sunday. I will try again tommorrow.

Thanks

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many tickets you got? Wink

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many tickets you got?

Corey, if he has 2 extras I'll pass your tools to you.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deb&Eds35:
...it's difficult to get someone to respond on a Sunday.
I've got the part in my hands right now - and I guarantee I'll be able to fix it.

SWF is my airport code. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill!

BILL HAS ONCE AGAIN SAVED THE DAY!

He talked me through a temporary repair on how to get the bus running and the new part is on the way.

We are a lucky group of Barth owners with Him out there watching over us.

P.S

Cory, I can get more tickets.

Thanks everyone

ED

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deb&Eds35:
We are a lucky group of Barth owners with Him out there watching over us.
That cheap SOB didn't want to pay for my airfare for it to get there tonight. ROTFLMAO

I'll be at FedEx first thing Monday - delivery says it'll get there before 10:30 am on Tuesday* - Ed says he was planning on leaving Wednesday - so it'll work out for him. Smiler

Good luck Ed!!! mechanic

* Next-business-day delivery by 10:30 a.m. to most U.S. addresses; by noon, 4:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. in remote areas;

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks ED for not flying Bill to Florida. I've really been enjoying the 80 degree weather Big Grin

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to chalk this up as my longest emergency roadcall. I guess the one to the Canadian line (North Of Plattsburgh, NY) will have to stand. mechanic

BTW: Someone from TN. was going to fly me out to repair their coach - but I was able to talk them through it. Smiler

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
I would be willing to fly you down to rewire this one.

I couldn't wait. Pulled off the solenoid like you said and she fired right up. The 1/2" ratchet handle fit perfectly to shut her down.

Thanks again

ED.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
The one indispensable spare part on a diesel is the fuel shutoff solenoid, and belts, jumper cables, fuses, flashlights, and tools.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I'm checking flights from SWF for future referenceSmiler
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Bill

The part just arrived. Heading home to install it.
Thanks again for your help.

Don't forget to send the bill.

Send you photo's from DEGA.

ED.

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
ON THE ROAD AGAIN!

It's amazing what you can do with a little guidance and patience.

Thanks Bill

ED