Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Holding tank woes and ???
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Holding tank woes and ???
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
After numerous attempts at fixing the holding tank I decided to remove and replace it. Found the guys with the new one and am ready to remove the old. I"m just going to cut the 3" drain and unbolt the cradle but I don't know what to expect as to where the tank connects to the drain up top. Will this just come apart or will I have more to contend with? BTW, this is a single tank that serves both black and grey. And yeah, I did flush it out good before I start on this project! I can see some of you old timers grinning and wondering.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Most likely, there will be a drain or two and a vent or two on top. They are a friction fit into rubber bushings lining holes in the top. The one time I did that job, I cut the top of the old tank to use as a pattern for cutting the holes in the new tank. Some of the holes may be easy to locate and cut from above, and some may be hard. I used the pattern for the hard holes and cut the easy ones after the tank was installed, then dropped down again to install the rubber bushings. This gave me a bit more accuracy and alignment.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post