Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Mounting FMCA Placards
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Mounting FMCA Placards
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
OK, this is probably quite fundamental, but the question is, what's the safest and least disruptive way to mount FMCA placards on a Barth?

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
I too was uncomfortable having to mount FMCA plaques if it required drilling holes and using fasteners thru aluminum skin. I have a dp with rear louvered engine bay doors so mounted the rear one by bolting thru a door louver to a couple of pieces of aluminum flatbar as backing. for the front one I simply made a wood stand for it (a 4" x 4" x 3/4" piece with a sawcut so plaque could be siliconed in) and placed on ample dash so it can be seen easily thru windshield. simple, fast and no drilled holes!

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, mine's also a DP, so I can do the rear easily enough (I certainly have plenty of Al bar stock) - I like the front solution - I also have a fully equipped wood workshop -thanks!

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

Just posting a picture. Not advocating drilling the front.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited January 30, 2006).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Hey,
2 sheet metal screws are not going to puncture a vital organ! There not bullets! Get real!!

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Scalzo:
Hey,
2 sheet metal screws are not going to puncture a vital organ! There not bullets! Get real!!

That ain't my coach. Why do you think I said "Just posting a picture. Not advocating drilling the front."

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
The easiest way to avoid holes would be to use double sided tape that body shops use to affix molding and ornaments Don't use the cheap tape from Auto Zone, etc. I'm almost sure a good body shop will donate a couple of feet or sell it dirt cheap.........

"THE TOY" 88 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I used 'Scotch' double sided permanent mounting tape. This is available in most big box stores, and has a red peal of cover tape. I mounted FMCA and front license plate with this stuff and it works very well. I covered the entire back of the item with the tape, trimmed of excess and then removed the protective cover tape and stuck it to coach.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The body shop tape is, BTW, quite expensive - however one of my old customers (whom we also sent a lot of business) owns one. I'll try him.

------------------
Rusty

StaRV II, '94 28' Breakaway, 6.5L TD
2 Not-spoiled Golden Retrievers.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My back egg is mounted to the ladder with a set of very nice black plastic brackets sold in the FMCA magazine. They place the egg back close to the skin so there is no foot interference when using the ladder.

If you can't find them, let me know and I will send a picture.

My front egg is held upright in the right hand corner of the windshield by a clear vinyl suction cup. The hook on the suction cup is attached to a small screw eye screwed into the top of the egg.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited February 15, 2006).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post