Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Water Filter
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Water Filter
 Login now/Join our community

posted
In the kitchen we have a water filter on the right side of the kitchen sink, but we can not find the filter canister to replace it. We also have an under cabinet ice maker, I'm think the water filter would filter the drinking water but also it would filter the ice maker water...hum? The ice maker is located to the left of the sink directly below the microwave. Short of taking out all of the lower kitchen cabinet drawers does anyone have a direction to point us to and look for the filter canister? I have seen many pictures of Barth's that have the water filter in the kitchen area....maybe someone has found the location before. The manufacturer instructions show the filter should be directly below the spout and the filter is good for a long time, but 15 years is a bit too long for me. It needs replaced. Any guidance is appreciated. :-)

Posts: 32 | Location: Hanover, PA USA | Member Since: 06-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Our filter canister is directly below the spout, under the sink. I couldn't find a similar canister in local hardware stores, but bought one in Yuma, at a swap meet stand that specializes in RV water systems.

A well-stocked RV supply store should have one, or a catalog from which they could order one, though perhaps not the 15 year job. Be careful of the fittings. There's several different kinds. If you find a filter that attaches in the same way, the job is easier.

Can't help you on the ice maker, we don't have one.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our filter is below the sink also. They even had to cut out part of the shelf to have it installed. I don't know if it is the original filter but I am going to try to replace the filter also.

Posts: 24 | Location: Andrews, IN USA | Member Since: 09-03-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have what looks like a little hand water pump to the right of the big water spigot but it only has maybe a 1/2" throw to it and I can't get water to come out. I looked under and can't see where it is attached.

All I see are two copper lines coming up to the spigot and we had to epoxy the one fitting going to the hot water tank becuase it had a fitting that was split and spraying water all over. Looks like it had been tightened way too much.

Where can we buy these kind of plastic fittings?

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by cowboy:
Our filter is below the sink also. They even had to cut out part of the shelf to have it installed. I don't know if it is the original filter but I am going to try to replace the filter also.

------------------
Gordon B
1987 Barth 32' SE
454 P-30 Chassis
1998 Harley Electra Glide in Tow

Posts: 30 | Location: Havasu Lake Calif USA | Member Since: 04-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My '84 Regal has a separate spigot at right side of sink for drinking water. Directly under it, there is a large canister with a replacable charcoal filter which serves only this spigot. I don't know if this was a factory or owner installation but I sure like it.

Filters are a must for icemakes. We've owned a restaurant for 15 years and the icemakes can be an expensive pain if the filters are not changed on a regular basis. Most that I've seen, the icemaker filters are located behind or very close to the icemaker, usually requiring sliding the icemaker out for access. Most likely it will be a long slender, throw-away filter without replacement core.

[This message has been edited by dogill (edited April 15, 2005).]

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the water filters are a factory installation - so many of us have them, and they all seem to be in the same place.

The thing Gordon describes with the short throw sounds like the faucet for the filtered water, but if it were hooked up, there should be the filter canister directly below.

I had to replace two frozen-off elbows under the galley sink right after we bought our rig, before we could use it. Easier said than done, they were under a 5/8" plywood deck glued and screwed to the sub-frame, and nearly unreachable in the back of the compartment.

The fittings for the plastic pipe, however, were standard hardware store items.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited April 15, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post