Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    help with new toilet?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

help with new toilet?
 Login now/Join our community

<dchesrown>
posted
I have a former xray-lab Barth Coach converted to party bus. It has everything but a toilet.(have the closet, old xray processing room, electric porta-jon in there currently) but I need to add permanent toilet.What is involved, plumbing tanks etc..? Bus has water and water heater if this helps. It only has 9000 miles and my shop has gone thur the brakes, carb, fuel system etc... It is ready all but a toilet, any ideas or suggestions on what to do.
Thanks
David Chesrown

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello David! A great place to buy everything you'll need is:

https://www.rvsurplussalvage.com/catalog/display.php?category_id=11

This outfit gets new over-runs, and all kids of surplus deals. It's one of many but one of my favorites. Look over the "plumbing" section of the web site, you'll get lots of ideas.

The job should be pretty straightforward... and I'd MUCH rather install a new set-up than replace a "used" one! Find the right spot... the toilet has to dump directly into the tank, so, a place and tank shape that fits under the floor/in-around the frame components is your first challenge, then cut the hole, bolt in the parts, and hook up a water source. The drain/dump pipes and valves are pretty easy to plumb. If you've done any plumbing with PVC pipe you have all the skills needed. Just remember to measure twice before cutting that hole in the floor! Might be a good idea to fit the tank up first, then eye-ball the area of where the hole is going to be, and drill a little pilot hole or two up from the bottom, marking either side of the hole needed, then perhaps drop the tank, then carefully start the cut for the toilet hole with a jig-saw...

Good luck! Send us pictures...

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the website. Remember to vent the black water tank you install up and out through the top of the roof.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have a Mobile Medical Lab Barth that I have converted into a NASCAR Party RV. Mine had a toilet in there already so all I did was just change it.

I hope you enjoy your conversion as much as I have. This site is great to check out for info and tech help. I got several ideas by looking at the CD that Dave sells for $25.00.

My 91 Barth is 33 foot long, single axle on the John Deere Oshkosh Chassis 460 gas with the C6 transmission and it had only 24,000 miles on it. 3 Kool-O-Matic roof vents and 2 a/c units with 2 switch able generators.

Please tell us about your rig. I am interested in knowing.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited July 06, 2004).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
If you already have a gray water tank, it probably has a vent that you may be able to tie into with a Y fitting. When cutting the floor, after carefully placing a pilot hole, the easiest way is a hole saw attached to a drill. Harbor Freight tools sells a cheap set of big ones for the job. This is just one commodians ideas.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I also have a P30 model that was a Moble
Breast Sceening Laboratory. This 30 footer has the kichen the back and two change rooms in the middle. No bathroom or shower.
I plan on installing a shower and toiletia one also. Thanks for the help with this posting.

Posts: 8 | Location: Jackson, SC,USA | Member Since: 08-29-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post