Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    2 tire questions
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2 tire questions
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted
Hey y'all. I need skins for my sob (sprinter van/pleanure way 2500--4 tires, not dually)
My mechanic is quoting me Toyo's at a couple hundred less than the michelins that are on there now (225/75R16). I have liked the michelins but have had toyos on a pickup. Any counsel?

Also, will need tires for regency soon. I'm in Atlanta----recommendations?

tnx,

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Jerry, I didn't know you still had the Pleasure Way. Trying to collect motor homes? Big Grin

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Hello Jerry, hope things are going well for you and the lady. Try to come and join us again in Chattanooga at Racoon Mountain rally if you can next week. Would like to see you again. Hope things have been good with the Barth. Take care and have a good day. Jim, looking forward to the rally. Sure hope we have better weather this coming week than what we had this past week. The weather reports look like it will be warming next week. It will be nice to see and meet friends and new friends. Teri, looking forward to go cart racing if able! Sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
I just returned from a 4 month 5000 mile trip to Arizona and California after putting six Toyos M & S before the trip. Very happy...drove and handled well The RV had 10 yr. old Toyos on it when I bought it.....researched the brand and decided that they were the tire to buy....especially the price

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Jerry, I didn't know you still had the Pleasure Way. Trying to collect motor homes? Big Grin

Oh my gosh!
I had no idea somebody else on Barthmobile had a Pleasure-Way.
My old PW is more suitable and affordable for me than my old Barth was.
I visit their Yahoo group daily.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/...ownersgroup/messages
but will always appreciate the tremendous knowledge base here.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
Hey jim and tere: not trying to collect at all, but the PW gets 22mpg. The Barth is for full timing, or close to it; sorting out how/if to do that with beloved's health challenges.
Hey Ray: i may try to get up to choo choo country again if I can, hope to see you.
Hey Mogan, we have the '05 PW Plateau, and have used it a lot over last seven yrs or so. Just need skins. And coaster, tnx for the view on toyo's. tnx to all!

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post