Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Ceiling stains
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ceiling stains
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Can anyone help? We own a 1991 28' Breakaway that had two leaking roof fan vents (now repaired). We would like to know if there is some way to remove the water stains from the headliner? They are not bad enough to tear out the headliner but just visible enough bug us. Thanks for any assistance.

Posts: 17 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Member Since: 10-03-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I just had my Barth upholstery & carpets professionally cleaned. There was a water stain in the upholstery fabric on the wall above the door. One swish of his
vacuum with the detergent spray, and it was gone. You might try some over-the-counter upholstery or carpet cleaners.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth.....I had some vintage coffee stains on light colored carpet that I couldn't remove with several household carpet cleaners......

After years of listening to some crazy guy screaming his way through a TV informercial about Oxy-Clean, I grabbed it by impulse (remember Pavlov & his dogs?...) while strolling thru Home Depot.....

It worked!....Mix w/ water, scrub with cloth or sponge, let dry & vacuum.....Since a headliner is more delicate than carpet, I'd test it first in an inconspicuous area, just in case the screamer forgot to tell us something......

Good luck!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
After reading a bunch of headliner posts I wonder if I'm the only one with a hard panelling type headliner. It's a very light woodgrain [almost pecky] and I'm sure it would stain if it leaked on it for an extended period. In this case I would use Kilz on the stain and repaint the entire thing. This also applies to drywall ceilings in the home that get stained but not damaged. In this case the back side of the drywall HAS to be checked for mold, and replaced if there is mold present. If the problem is minor and caught in time, mold usually doesn't have time to get started, and Kilz [they make a spray called Upshot] will take care of the water stain. I've done this for a living for over 25 years so I'll be glad to answer any questions.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Danny, the only hard ceilings I have seen have been in early 70's coaches. I have vinyl and really love the way it looks and the way it cleans. As we know your coach is a very special coach.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Not sure how to take that Dave, with the brick walls and the fiberglass front end it's different, but Special can mean a lot of things, like special ed. Anyway, Suzy and I love her!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan and Suzy,

What I means is that it appears to me that all of the Euro's were built with a great deal of attention to detail. Because they were marketed in Europe I suppose. Perhaps, the hard ceiling was for that reason. Maybe that was popular across the pond. I have no evidence to back this up but, in 1982 Barth was manufacturing the $150,000 Regency, at least one coach on an Iveco (Fiat) chassis and the Euro. Perhaps 1982 was a specially "classical" year in Barth construction history.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Dave, I know the brick walls were done later but I'm sure the hard ceilings are factory, they're just too perfect to be aftermarket. I'm working on some pics for you but the lighting has to be just right or the skylights glare out my cheap digital camera. I'll have them for you in the next day or two.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Danny,

I'm slow, I forgot that your coach has the brick wall, wall paper. You know I forgot about that and I was not dissing your coach. I am sure yours new was deck out in burnt orange, yellow, and woven wood shades. Like cool man. Right out of Hawaii 5-0.