Barthmobile Portal
Espar

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/9553989477

10-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Gary Carter
Espar
Our coach was originally built as an all electric coach with electric stove, refrig wired for AC only, marine electric only hot water heater and Espar diesel fired furnaces. We have exactly the same floor plan as the Breakaway 11B, but ours is a 13B.

If anyone else has these furnaces, I would like to know if they use the same pickup from the tank as the engine or if they have their own pickup. Don't want to use all the engine fuel heating the interior of the coach. I know gas powered motor homes with a generator used a separate pickup that left about an eighth of the tank.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance
10-08-2012, 10:37 PM
wally povajnuk
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
Our coach was originally built as an all electric coach with electric stove, refrig wired for AC only, marine electric only hot water heater and Espar diesel fired furnaces. We have exactly the same floor plan as the Breakaway 11B, but ours is a 13B.

If anyone else has these furnaces, I would like to know if they use the same pickup from the tank as the engine or if they have their own pickup. Don't want to use all the engine fuel heating the interior of the coach. I know gas powered motor homes with a generator used a separate pickup that left about an eighth of the tank.
Garry the way i see it you are a prime candidate for a heat pump if you are wired up for ac and dont have any.If you do have ac, i still reccomend a heat pump,leaving your espars as excellent back up heat.your back up heat deisel consumption will be negligable.heat pumps start loosing effciency at 32deg far.wally 34ft monarch vanisle bc
10-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Gary Carter
We are not a good candidate for a heat pump. We do not need or want to run the generator to aquire heat.

Besides the Espars use very little fuel. Just don't want them empting our my fuel tank.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance