Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Espar
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Espar
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted
Our coach was originally built as an all electric coach with electric stove, refrig wired for AC only, marine electric only hot water heater and Espar diesel fired furnaces. We have exactly the same floor plan as the Breakaway 11B, but ours is a 13B.

If anyone else has these furnaces, I would like to know if they use the same pickup from the tank as the engine or if they have their own pickup. Don't want to use all the engine fuel heating the interior of the coach. I know gas powered motor homes with a generator used a separate pickup that left about an eighth of the tank.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
Our coach was originally built as an all electric coach with electric stove, refrig wired for AC only, marine electric only hot water heater and Espar diesel fired furnaces. We have exactly the same floor plan as the Breakaway 11B, but ours is a 13B.

If anyone else has these furnaces, I would like to know if they use the same pickup from the tank as the engine or if they have their own pickup. Don't want to use all the engine fuel heating the interior of the coach. I know gas powered motor homes with a generator used a separate pickup that left about an eighth of the tank.
Garry the way i see it you are a prime candidate for a heat pump if you are wired up for ac and dont have any.If you do have ac, i still reccomend a heat pump,leaving your espars as excellent back up heat.your back up heat deisel consumption will be negligable.heat pumps start loosing effciency at 32deg far.wally 34ft monarch vanisle bc

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
We are not a good candidate for a heat pump. We do not need or want to run the generator to aquire heat.

Besides the Espars use very little fuel. Just don't want them empting our my fuel tank.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post