Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Barth Skylights
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Skylights
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
There are two skylights in the bathroom of our Regency. Both are beginning to show weather checking and cracks in the corners and around the screw mounting holes. Does anyone know a source for replacements. I think they are made of Lexan.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in this also as my one skylight is doing the same, as well as my 2 opening vents. I have looked for the vents but I have not found ones that have both the lights and a fan.

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Some RV stores carry replacement vent covers. Just make sure the hinges are correct for your application. I have also seen new fixed vents in these stores. In Yuma with all the heat and sun even the lexan ultimetly gives up.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Every RV store has the replacement vents, both with and without lights. Jensen makes them and you can just goggle them. Not sure of skylights but will ask my supplier.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a reference for skylights from Good Sam :http://www.skylight-guide.com/RV_Skylight.html

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of pictures of the bathroom skylights and I think you can see the cracking. I still have not been able to find a source for these covers. Notice that they are molded to come down over the sides of the flanges and a screwed in from the sides and not the top. All the new ones I can locate seem to be made to mount on a flat surface.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
out comes the plastic welder it works fine if you can't find a vent.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Nick,

If you are not able to find someone who carries the sky lights, you might be able to have a sign shop that vaccum forms Lexan to custom make them for you. It looks like a simple shape and should be pretty easy to form.

Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nick- The reason yours have failed is due to the screws that have been added. This manufacturer (http://www.rvskylight.com/) will make one that fits on the top of your raised flange and you would use adhesive or bedding compound rather than screws. This would eliminate the problems shown in your pictures.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem on my Breakaway. I went to the local lumberyard and got some 1 1/2" "L" shaped aluminum roofing edge (drip edge). I removed the old screws and ground the lip off the skylight and then screwed the edging on from the top and sides with stainless steel screws. I then took some 4" white eternabond tape that I bought on Ebay and went over the edging. We had some monstrous rains this year and I didn't have any trouble with leaks.

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post