Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Location of Map Light
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Location of Map Light
 Login now/Join our community

posted
While I was working on the front AC system in my 1990 Regency (had the side console apart), it was noted that there was a loose wire designated "map light". I had no occasion to use the map light up to then and had not paid any attention to its location. The map light switch when operated does nothing - no visible light operates There is also a small 3/8" hole in the console dash panel which is currently vacant. The loose wire is close to this hole. Can someone confirm this is the location of the map light or where is it?. If the light goes in this hole, it must be an odd unit to function for map usage.

Also as a side note, I have traced out the complete dash AC wiring schematic for my Regency. I will report my findings shortly on a separate thread.

Posts: 60 | Location: Saint John, N.B. Canada | Member Since: 09-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, Kevin. I am ,however, not clear on the location you refer to. Is the light under the dash or mounted in the face of the dash? My Regency has no light mounted on the face or underneath.

Posts: 60 | Location: Saint John, N.B. Canada | Member Since: 09-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The map light is mounted to the face of the dash, to the left of the glove box.

They must have wired-it, but not mounted the light for some reason.

Posts: 33 | Location: midwest | Member Since: 05-05-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks-like a half moon, old school license plate light mounted to a small, flat, rectangular piece of aluminum.

You could probably mount anything you wanted at the same location.

Maybe something with an adjustable goose neck would make the most sense (LED).

Posts: 33 | Location: midwest | Member Since: 05-05-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to identify the location of the map light. My coach definitely never had one in this location so it may never have been placed. This does not sound like something Barth would have omitted. It remains a mystery.