Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    testing antifreeze
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

testing antifreeze
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
Last time at the Cummins Dealer to get oil, oil filter and service coolant filter, I also bought a test strip and chart to read it by. Sort of like testing pool water. I am in good shape. I took the same out of the petcock under the radiator into an emptied water bottle just emptied, and poured the water over the 3 point test strip and shook it and waited 45 seconds as per instructions. freeze point is minus 30. Molybdate is what the chart calls ROW1 and the Nitrite was 1.9. According to the chart, the SCA units per gallon was 1.9 and instructions say to continue to replace service coolant filter with each oil drain interval. This is for a COMPLEAT system which I assume I have since the ES system also shown does not show the filter.

The instructions are specific to get the sample from the petcock below the radiator and not the overflow tank.

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway XL
44K miles.

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
In rereading this which I should have done before I posted, I took the sample from the rediator and poured the sample over the test strip and shook the test strip. (then the two step and twist)

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post