Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Sealer Recommendation
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sealer Recommendation
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted
For misc. non-pressurized leak issues, I recommend you give Super-Seal's spray-on duct tape a try.

My black tank bottom fitting had a tiny drip issue I couldn't seem to control. Cleaned the area with acetone and used Spray-On Duct Tape - 5 coats for overkill. It's been several weeks now, against modest
black tank head pressure, and it is working as intended......

During this weekend's trip I noticed a small slit in my sewer hose - stretched hose out to max dimension and sprayed the slit (2 coats 15 min. apart). Looks like it's gonna hold just fine and save me replacement in the near future.

Curious, I masked-off some side trim and tailight fixtures and used it as a joint caulk. Nice even finish that bridged the joint line without the normal finger-tooling that's required with normal caulk-tube products. (For me, the gray color compliments the polished aluminum - your results may vary.)

I like it! FMI: http://www.idqusa.com/proddetail.php?prod=190-DT

Not a stockholder - just a customer Big Grin

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Lee, I bought some and followed your instructions and cleaned my slinky with acetone. That whole area of the hose melted, right before my eyes. Mad

But seriously, it looks like an interesting product. I wonder how it would do up on the roof in a rainstorm.

A couple of years back, the coach tilted as it sank into the mud in a rainstorm, and a hitherto undiscovered leak revealed itself. I ended up on the roof, under a tarp blowing the seam dry with a small compressor so I could make my Dicor lap sealant adhere to the suspected area. I was finally able to tie the tarp well enough to keep the storm blowing it away long enough for me to do the job.

A spray would be nifty, especially if it sticks to not-perfectly-dry areas.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post