Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Regal/Regency?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Regal/Regency?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I'm new to the community but am the latest owner of coach 88/10/0105/32BDGA, Vin 15GED0416J1041427. My Barth is registered as an '89 31 AD. It has the 3208T Cat.

What is the difference between a Regal and a Regency?

This forum has been an great help already.

Posts: 15 | Location: whidbey island, washington | Member Since: 10-11-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Trekkie,

A Regal is a gas coach, your diesel is a Regency. That is one difference another would be about $100K when new.

You have (probably) a Gillig air ride chassis, a Regal would have a MG P-30 or a John Deere (Ford)

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it does have the gillig air-ride chassis, and overall its in pretty good shape. Low miles/hours on the the cat and on the generator. I'll be replacing the passenger side window--dried out gasket/seals and airleaks. PPG still makes the windshields as you probably know. but I'm quite happy with it.

Posts: 15 | Location: whidbey island, washington | Member Since: 10-11-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any new pics of you new acqusition?
I can't believe that Whidby Island has a real Barth !!! I loved the area when visiting a few years ago.

Posts: 25 | Location: Grand Prairie TX USA | Member Since: 03-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not yet, but they will be coming

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
We had a gathering of BMW 840/850 owners at Whidbey Island a year ago August, Beautiful area, we didn't have the barth then but now that we do, we will return there for a visit one day.

Good luck with the "new" Barth.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
to former trekie the regency was the top of the line in their coaches I am told. I have 91 love the rv. did you happen to buy the one at foleys in mountvernon wa. it was pretty nice rv. I am in Monroe WA.maybe we will run in to each other down the line it would be fun to meet another Barth owner. If you haven't already get Daves cd wealth of info on it. ITS a must have if you have a Barth. WELCOME
LlOYd

1991 regency 300 cat 9kw genset

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I bought the one at Foley's in Mt. Vernon. I have ordered the CD from Dave. The Barth is quite a vehicle. My old trek was nice, but there is no comparison.

Peter