Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Dirty Fuel
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dirty Fuel
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
My '88 apparently has dirty contaminated fuel. Any suggestion on how to remedy this. How difficult is it to drop the gas tank.

Russell and Donna
1988 GM 454 powered 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
I have a 1984 34 foot Regal Royale with rear twins. It has one large 80+ gallon tank directly below the walking area of those beds. There is a lot of working room up under there....about 10 inches of room ABOVE the tank. Mine has a drain plug on it and with the room above the tank, I can remove the sending unit etc...without dropping the tank. You could possible siphon out the old fuel. Although I have never done so, the tank looks pretty easy to unstrap and drop.

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...=744100243#744100243

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good info -- mine has a rear full size bed and the large water tank ~60gal is underneath. Not sure where the gas tank 100 gal is located. sure sounds like a major job.... Some guy saw the MH and he want it for 13K -- For 13k - my problems will go away ......

Russell and Donna

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc_rusty:
sure sounds like a major job.... .

Just a coupla hours to drop it if the nuts are not frozen.

A quick thing to try would be to remove the drain plug, drain it and flush it with fresh gas.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DRAIN PLUGS this thing has drain plugs?????

I gotta look for them.. thanks for the tip

Russell and Donna

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc_rusty:
DRAIN PLUGS this thing has drain plugs?????

I gotta look for them.. thanks for the tip

Well, mine does. All Barths are not the same, but.........maybe.................

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
If you do have to drop the tank try to get out as much fuel as possible to make the tank lighter. Use a floor jack under it if you can. A couple of years ago i had to pull the tank on my jeep in a rv park and that was not a lot of fun.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post