Barthmobile Portal
Bumper step/hand hold

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/9241076261

02-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Sloop John B
Bumper step/hand hold
Getting nice outside and I have been thinking of adding chrome fold down steps on the front bumper and hand holds just under the windshield. Questions; as many of you seem to have them on you coaches. Do you use them? How are the hand holds attached, just from the out side? A close photo of a hand hold would be nice to go by. I have no problem now reaching even the marker lights from a 1 foot step stool. I think it would make it faster to clean windshield at gas stops. Thanks. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake
02-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Bill G
Sloop John B,

I can't offer pictures at this time, but I use the hand holds to secure myself while washing the windows. They are bolted through from the back.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

02-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Sloop John B
Bill G.; Thanks , the picture of your coach shows hand holds that look very sleek and I aways wondered how they were attached. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake
02-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Medic37
I have the same "flip-down" bumper steps and hand-holds on the face of the front of the truck.

It's a-bit precarious to hold-on and stand on the steps or the narrow bumper at the same time as washing the windows. Not saying that it can't be done, as I do-it all the time, but it is a bit of a challenge.

I am looking into a fire service style bumper for the fron of my truck, then I'll really have something to stand-on!

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2
02-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Gunner
"It's a-bit precarious to hold-on and stand on the steps or the narrow bumper at the same time as washing the windows. Not saying that it can't be done, as I do-it all the time, but it is a bit of a challenge"

My first Barth had these and I stopped using them and went to a small stepstool. Not as convenient, but much easier. Didn't even consider it with my current coach.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood
02-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Rusty
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
My first Barth had these and I stopped using them and went to a small stepstool. Not as convenient, but much easier. Didn't even consider it with my current coach.

I got a squeegee/bug pad with an extending handle (goes to about 6', IIRC), at Wal-Mart - about $13.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
03-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Lee
Some options at:

http://www.awdirect.com/awdirect/catalog.cfm?dest=dir&l...55&linkon=subsection