Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Bumper step/hand hold
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bumper step/hand hold
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted
Getting nice outside and I have been thinking of adding chrome fold down steps on the front bumper and hand holds just under the windshield. Questions; as many of you seem to have them on you coaches. Do you use them? How are the hand holds attached, just from the out side? A close photo of a hand hold would be nice to go by. I have no problem now reaching even the marker lights from a 1 foot step stool. I think it would make it faster to clean windshield at gas stops. Thanks. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Sloop John B,

I can't offer pictures at this time, but I use the hand holds to secure myself while washing the windows. They are bolted through from the back.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill G.; Thanks , the picture of your coach shows hand holds that look very sleek and I aways wondered how they were attached. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
I have the same "flip-down" bumper steps and hand-holds on the face of the front of the truck.

It's a-bit precarious to hold-on and stand on the steps or the narrow bumper at the same time as washing the windows. Not saying that it can't be done, as I do-it all the time, but it is a bit of a challenge.

I am looking into a fire service style bumper for the fron of my truck, then I'll really have something to stand-on!

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"It's a-bit precarious to hold-on and stand on the steps or the narrow bumper at the same time as washing the windows. Not saying that it can't be done, as I do-it all the time, but it is a bit of a challenge"

My first Barth had these and I stopped using them and went to a small stepstool. Not as convenient, but much easier. Didn't even consider it with my current coach.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
My first Barth had these and I stopped using them and went to a small stepstool. Not as convenient, but much easier. Didn't even consider it with my current coach.

I got a squeegee/bug pad with an extending handle (goes to about 6', IIRC), at Wal-Mart - about $13.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post