Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Alternator Output
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Alternator Output
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
Hey Don...

Did you ever get your fluctuating Tachometer situation figured-out???

Regarding Isolators: I doubt it matters what "brand" of Isolator one replaces the current "brand" with, as long as the number of POSTS is correct (3) and the minimum amperage is that of the alternator's output.

I am still having a fluctuating Tachometer.

Fluctuates about 0.6 volts up and down, rythmically, between 13.9 and 14.5 volts (I think those numbers are right) while the engine is running.

This voltage fluctuation is reflected in the up and down movement in the TACH.

When I turn-on the headlights, the TACH stops fluctuating.

It looks-like the TACH leads are connected directly to the alternator, thus, this makes me suspect something in the alternator(?)

I don't see how the Isolator could cause this to happen, but am willing to replace the Isolator, if indeed, it could be the culprit.

Isolator should be fairly easy to replace and the wiring is fairly straight forward.

Did you come to a conclusion to your problem???

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post