Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1wire,2wire,what is the blue wire?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1wire,2wire,what is the blue wire?
 Login now/Join our community

She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Envision the following, a wire begins at the propane tank on the gage and runs to a switch located on the steering column mount. From this switch a wire runs through the firewall Chevy plug to a white wire that connects to absolutely nothing. I think the wire may have connected to +12v but I am not sure.

So why is there a switch in line to a wire running to my propane gage? What does this do and how to I hook it up.

Next question:

Does anyone have a pinout or schematic for the Chevy Instrument panel? Oh please, oh please.

Help and thank you:

Timothy

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
" a wire begins at the propane tank on the gage"...
Does the gage work? If not, the wire is probably a 12v feed.

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
Gunner:

My guess parallels your guess and certainly experimental research is not to be discounted however I am concerned about the unintended developmental consequences of pumping 12 volts into the two foot diameter three foot long BOMB under the back of my coach. You will note there is no fuse in the circuit.

The tank is (well almost) empty and the gage shows empty but I do not know what the default for the gage is.

Timothy

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"unintended developmental consequences of pumping 12 volts into the two foot diameter three foot long BOMB...."
Apologies: Re-reading my post I realize how far off it is; glad you're thinking, because I surely was not.

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
Gunner:

Hey thanks for the thoughts, I was attempting a little Mel Brooks over the top humor in my response. Think Young Fraunkensteen "So your are telling me I put an abnormal brain into six foot tall three hundred pound GORILLA?!" I hope you read my response with a smile.

The electrical stuff is going to take a while and your suggestions are always welcome.

Timothy

posted Hide Post
Hello Timothy and Lana,

Yes, we have the GM 1973 motorhome wiring diagram. I can scan it...would you like me to send it to you?

Also on the propane tank, we think that's the sender for the propane tank's level sensor, which is in the gauge, not in the tank.

Posts: 20 | Location: Okauchee, Wisconsin 53069 | Member Since: 12-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
OldHouse:

Yes please, at this point I am interested in the pinout for the instrument panel. Can you scan it and email the scan?

The rest of the motor home is going to take a while. So no rush on the rest of the wires.

The wire does run from the gage but there is no remote display I can see. The wire goes to the bottom of the gage, I have not tested to see if the post is isolated from ground.

Timothy

posted Hide Post
Hi Timothy and Lana,

I sent the wiring diagram to your email. Hope it helps!

I don't know how to insert photos or files into my replies to this forum. Dave, any suggestions???

Posts: 20 | Location: Okauchee, Wisconsin 53069 | Member Since: 12-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
Oldhouse:

The drawing are very helpful.

Thank you for your kind support.

Timothy

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I don't know what email program you are using but I am sure that you must be using Outlook or Outlook Express since you have Road Runner. Just drag and drop you photo into the email. If you drag a file like a .jpg it will automatically put it in the attachments file or when you are in the screen to compose your email; see at the top where it says insert. Do that... Or you can send any image to an email recipient by just right clicking and where it says "Send to" just choose email recipient..

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited March 24, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave! We'll try that when we're brave enough to post the "before" pictures of the Barth!