Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Yes, yes, I thought I saw that post!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Yes, yes, I thought I saw that post!
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Quite seriously, where and when will you be parking the Barth when you head back to Thailand? I have a friend who is a Porsche bodyman in NH, he owns a shop with enough land to park there and he could do the work. I grew up in the auto business and he is hands-down the best bodyman I have ever met. He also is a great fabricator, which might come in handy on this project.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
Tom,

Unobtainium Electronics is having a sale on their GPS with Jumping Post avoidance built in. I suggest you pick one up for the next trip cheers

Fuggetaboutit. I looked into it for Susan (who has banged up the right rear twice).

I checked their warranty, and it is full of welch clauses.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Plan B

Back up beepers full perimeter!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
Update:

I stopped by a body shop in Washington who did not have time to get to the rig but gave it a look and said $6,000. I though that was high. So later on I was in Findly RV in Las Vegas having service and asked for an estimate $6,500 but 2 to 3 weeks. Then over to Camping world in Vegas, the body shop manager looked and frowned. Asked how much the coach was worth. I don't know Bluebook $35-50K, she said check with insurance as they will only pay up to 65% of the value for a repair and above they will total the unit.

TOTAL THE UNIT FOR SCRATCHED BAGGAGE DOORS????

Yes she said, could be $30,000 for the job.

Depressing at least, yodo said and I drove away.

Then to Lake Havasau where I will store the unit.

Two of 6 places will work on RV aluminum body work. One estimate of $13,500 and lots of frowning and worry. The other guy $6,450 and he was just finishing up another rig and some custom cars.

So I will store the unit only a few blocks away from his shop. he will have the keys and take it and fix it and put it back. So I don't need to sit on my hands for 2-3 weeks waiting for the repair.

I was not happy with the Camping world estimate. If they did not want to do the job that was ok, but to be that high was just not reputable in my book. Yes I know that camping world is higher than normal places. But!!!!

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post