Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    roof advice
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

roof advice
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Keith Hopper
posted
I will be replacing the roofing and would appreciate recent experiences and advice. I may do it myself but would prefer a reputable company with experience and good reviews.

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere did a really nice job here:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...=242101081#242101081

There are others, do a search for Anvil roof coating.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5179 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Yup, the search box still works...
good results for just "COATING"

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keith Hopper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Jim and Tere did a really nice job here:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...=242101081#242101081

There are others, do a search for Anvil roof coating.

Thanks

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnny griner
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of ways to go here. I think bill N had a thread about using a to part rubber coating that should last a decade or more, but the prep and working time made difficult (especially for one person) to work with. Still I think his results were great.

Having done this on a house boat (and I will be doing this to my barth this year), I am pleased with the elastomeric (sp) products (e.g. kool seal).

They are easy to apply and clean up afterwards and they are relatively benign (chemical wise). and depending on your mileage and whether you keep your barth under cover will last 2 to 5 years or so (your mileage may vary).

But to scrub the top with a brush and soap and water, and then spread it on only takes a couple of hours.

not a terrible maintenance job (imho)

jg

Posts: 18 | Location: Atlanta GA | Member Since: 05-08-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post