Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Best Deal on Refrigerator
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Best Deal on Refrigerator
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
I got my refrigerator working again and again and again. It works for a day or so and then stops until I smack it with a dead blow hammer. I was told that the coolent has a block in the tubes and that it is time to buy another unit. At $1000 a pop if I get the new unit it will double the value of my Barth. I can put some ice in a dish pan like we did last year or buy another unit. Where is the best place to get a good deal? Should I look at the Dometic or the Norcold? It is a single door that is about 41" high with a small freezer inside. The ones I have looked at are a little higher and I would have to rebuild my cabinets for a taller unit. I don't mind that. I checked E-bay and everything there that is new is the same price as Camper World. The way it is snowing out side I wouldn't to worry about a refrigerator right now. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dennis, the best deal is a free one.

I have Dometic in storage. It was taken out of a fiver we kept on a perm spot at the river when we replaced it with a 110 volter several years ago. It worked as well as any absorbtion fridge worked in 100 plus temps. It shouold still work. If you are interested, I will see if it measures up.

If you are going to Quartzsite in Jan you can follow the coast to my house to pick it up here and then turn left to Quartzsite.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Bill Your price sounds great!!. If is the right size I sure would be willing to pay for your time and the shipping costs. I really want to thank you for the offer. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post