Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    110 outlets out on left side of RV
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

110 outlets out on left side of RV
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello all,
Last night when the bread popped up in the toaster, I lost power to the outlets on the left side of the Regal. Breaker 5b has been tripped but it does not want to remain in the on position and keeps springing back to off.
Any suggestions sincerely appreciated.
Thanks,

Jack Brand
1988 31 ft Barth Regal
Ford 460
John Deere Chassis

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
My first guess is the breaker arced and tripped for it's last time and needs to be replaced. Try swapping another breaker, if it trips you have more than a tired old breaker. (it happens to the best of us)..............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Be sure you turn the breaker all the way off before you flip it back on. I learned about that the hard way many years ago.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
Echoing Olroy: it is something simple. Unplug the toaster before you reset the breaker. Then: turn off the main breaker; turn #5 off all the way to the right -or down- then back on hard; then reset the main.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input gentlemen. I ran the toaster into another outlet on different breaker. When the toaster poped up it blew that breaker as well. Time to chuck the toaster me thinks.

Jack Brand
1988 31 ft Barth Regal
Ford 460
John Deere Chassis

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I love these simple answers.

Several years ago my wife demanded we take the Barth to our inlaws for Thanksgiving seeing how that year it was seasonable warm. 50+ in the day but down in the 28-35 area at night. The first night there of course got down to 15deg and guess what...no 12v. So no furnace, lights etc. We struggled back home, hoping that the un winterized plumbing was ok. Turns out the 12v fuse block is connected to the converter thing by just a rivet. So the repairman showed me that when he touched it with his finger lights one, removed his finger lights off. He replaced the rivet with a bolt with locking washers..

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Another example of fine Barth engineering. I've run into a couple minor items on mine that evidenced production line pressure or carelessness, too.

These units are great, much better than most, but they're not perfect. The kind of minor correction Dave mentions made his better than new.

Re: production difficulties in S.O.B.s - some years ago a friend bought a new Brand "X" 5th wheel. Took it back to the dealer three times for a sewage smell without success. Finally got up on the roof himself & found the rubber roof membrane had been stretched over the top of the vent pipe. If he'd been closer than a thousand miles from the dealer or the manufacturer he would have killed them both.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Roy, that tops my best "Brand F" story. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post