Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Dash gauges issue
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dash gauges issue
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
I have attempted every fix I can think of without success. Here's the problem: When I turn right and the coach leans left the gauges all lose power. As soon as the coach completes the turn they resume normal operation. It does not happen when turning left, going straight, climbing or descending hills. I attached another ground and there is no change. Because all this is behind the dash (requiring dash removal to get to the wiring) I cannot get a meter to confirm I am losing +12v. It will not happens when stationary. I placed jacks under the right side of the coach and then dumped the air suspension to get the coach on it's left side. No loss of gauges. I can't move the wheels with the steering wheel on solid ground. Looking for any ideas on what I can do. I am aware I can run a new power wire but I am concerned that a wire is shorting out and could still present more problems if not found and corrected.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Tom, I think if there was a short on the +12VDC line during the right turn, I probably would not come back on immediately after the turn but would stay off until the breaker reset itself. Could there be something in the electrical cabinet that is swinging around and perhaps hitting a relay.

Sounds like you do not have an access panel on top of the instrument panel (above the dash) like I do. If you could get a wire to the gauge power somewhere and put a LED at the end and it would confirm loss of power there or somewhere else as a test fixture?

Do the gauges go off on any right turn? or only on a tight turn where the coach leans hard?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post