Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    location converter?-roof leak-low spot, oil sender unit
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

location converter?-roof leak-low spot, oil sender unit
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi- I'm reading all 123 tech topics, great resource! But-- 1. My '77 21 foot must have converter somewhere??Can't find, located my coach battery under the second step. When on house current A/C compressor does not work while fan blows cool. Lights work. 2. Roof leaks from standing water from low spot-do I bring up to grade by over caulking and/ or just find the leak and fix? 3. I have no dash lights and low oil pressure, mech said oil pump had good pressure but sending unit was bad. Is that because of no power to dash lights?

I put in my water tank after getting it welded, hooked it up, seems okay, now to bolt the sofa back. thanks for your input- I appreciate all the help. ted

Posts: 38 | Location: roseville, ca | Member Since: 06-24-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
The converter in our '77 21 ft is in the rear closet, or rather under under the floor of it. Ours has a removable metal louvered cover above the converter

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Consider having your wrench put in a splitter for the OP sending unit. In one hole the sensor for the gauge, a new one in your case, is wired to the existing wire. In the other, a sensor for an idiot light is wired to a small cheap LED bar adhered to your dash. This lights up when the key is on and goes off when the engine starts, but will get your attention immediately if OP drops for some reason. My whole set-up was about 20 bucks. Everything but the light came from NAPA. The light bar came from Superbrite LED.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Have you tried to rotate your light switch to see if it makes your dash lights come on.

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted m ball:
Hi- I'm reading all 123 tech topics, great resource! 3. I have no dash lights and low oil pressure, mech said oil pump had good pressure but sending unit was bad. Is that because of no power to dash lights? ted

This from my gauge update thread. Dash lights get power from the light switch, left side center

The light blue wire is power for the instrument lights, the pink is the power for the gauges

Check for loose connections, I found several. Also check for good ground connections to the panel. mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Look for removable floor of your closet. You converter is most likely there.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I would suggest that each thread address only one issue. It would probably get more answers, being easier to read, at least for those of us who are still below the optimum caffeine level.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post