Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Anyone moved their table
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Anyone moved their table
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Has anyone removed or moved a table like the one shown?

We are think about moving ours a couple feet closer to the passenger cockpit chair and adding a single larger recliner. We really do not need two little barrel chairs. And, if you did move the table where did the carpet stop?

------------------
Short cuts always take longer

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave;I'm not sure if this will help or not,Our table pull out over a cabinet and is not like your,I had my cabinet up and the carpet go to the wall.Hope this help,and that our Barth's carpet was put in the same way.

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strange, I am doing this right now Dave. I believe I mentioned such in a post the other day too. Since I installed new carpet in the past month I think you will find carpet under the table. Finding the screws that hold it to the wall and floor is not easy. In a post some weeks back I was asking members if they knew how to get it out, and no answers came. I found the screws, but could not get to them so I carpeted around same. I wish you well. Does you table have leafs that are stored in the wall cabinet? If so that is the table I have across from the kitchen and is the one I did not move. The one I am moving today fold up and I found it easy to move. I think all Barths were carpeted first and then furniture added. We are taking out the chair behind the pass. chair so as to allow Sharon to swing her chair easy to face the rear and also use the fold up table. The recliner is going to be near the side door and face windshield. Should give us a more open look, and make Sharon happy. Got to love that Sharon. 43 years she has put up with me. Hope I did not confuse you Dave. Again.....Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jay and Dale, yes, my table folds into the cabinet. Actually, if I could replace it with a flip up it would seem more usable but Deb wants the storage for extra glasses etc. Dale, you are correct, I think with the table about 2 feet forward we could dispense with one barrel chair and replace the other one with a more comfortable lounge type chair and still have more room left. If we then had a flip up table it would be perfect for the laptop. By doing this and using some nice tray tables for dinner I think we would be more comfortable in the long run.

------------------
Short cuts always take longer

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 22, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your table looks like a cross between my fold up and the one with leafs. I will be intrested to learn how you removed same. If yours has a cabinet below then I would guess the screws, square head in type will be inside the cabinet, and don't be surprised if it isn't screwed to the floor also. Our chair behind the pass. seat is up on a platform so we can move the table only approx. 8" which will be just fine. I am removing the the steel pedestal too. Our second soft chair is not mounted to the floor. We have found a very modern leather black chair that will work great. Not cheap at $1,200. bucks but very much the artsy style we like. I will post pictures soon. Had a meeting with the artist on our FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT theme today, and he is really excited of such. He studied FLW for a full year while in college at Herron school of design, so knows a lot about him. He also had a neat idea of taking a semi transparent roll up blind, or making one, and air brushing a FLW design of stained glass on same. When down the light coming thru would really bring it to life. Our bedroom is going to consist of two windows 24 X 52 that hinges up so as to allow windows to be open, not while moving though. A window this large of stained glass requires flat steel supports as when hinged and somewhat horizontal the lead just will not be enough. Dave, funny how two great minds like ours think alike. Got to believe in your self first. I bet Deb knows how GREAT you are??? You already told me how GREAT she is. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry and Heidi in CA>
posted
what a coincidence. I'm refinishing our oak "flip out and up" table. I wanted to remove the main base unit but couldn't figure out how to remove it. The screws must be really buried deep..I too would like to replace the two barrel chairs for leather or similar. IKEA has some neat chairs...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
this message is basically for Dale --- try this site for custom glass work - they have a section for FLW ..
http://www.glass2u.com/

Very interesting stuff

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our cabinet and table with fold out leafs and doors on top that you open to pull the table out and put it back inside the back of cabinet,with the doors open on the back of cabinet there is one screw in the back of the cabinet under each door about in the center that hold it to wall the heads are cover with wood filler. Hope this help someone,Jay.

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idea...what about having a rally??? I would help move the table, or do this for you. I would even pay to attend. Nice of me huh? We could assemble a crew of members to help other Barth owners with some of their minor issues. At our National Street Rod shows this has been a wonderful program. The members needing the help learn too. I would even try to get space at the 500 track to hold such, that is if they do that anymore. I am sure they do not have hook-ups though. Or in Minn. What do you think Dave. This could even be called "Barth member abuse". Lord, I know holding such must have been a ton of work for you and Deb. JUST A THOUGHT. Dale