Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Winter Glazing?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Winter Glazing?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello,

What option nomenclature should I be looking for in a Barth I can use in sub-freezing weather? Is there a cold weather package? Heated basement? Heated tanks? Thermopane windows?

TIA,

Bill

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Keeping in mind that no RV's other than maybe Canada Triple E's are mad for sub freezing temps. I believe the 1986 and later Regencys had heated bays, (somewhat) and some had double pane windows. However, heating pads sold at Camping World,

are rated to a temp much lower than just heating the bays. These pads and heat tape are rated down to 0 degrees. They are also switchable from 12vdc to 120 vac.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy Kaw Batman! Am I readint that temp display right? 8-degrees! That's Cold I don't see how y'all stand it.

My SoB has heated a tank bay system. Don't know how low a temp it can handle, but it was toasty at an indicated 5-degree outside temp.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 27, 2005).]

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Before I call about a '93 and a '94 Regency over in the for sale section and ask stupid questions, I thought I'd ask here. Neither coach is really well described in their ads, so the heated bays and glazing wer not mentioned.

------------------
Best,

[This message has been edited by eugarps (edited January 27, 2005).]

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OK not wanting to feel dumb I didn't want to ask. What do you mean by glazing. To me, that's a really messy donut. Or isn't that the putty around the window in my garage door? I know it's not what cows do. Or what we do at the stars. Man am I taking this too far or what? Really, what do you mean by glazing? I ask my wife and she doesn't know and she knows everything.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Glaziers" install glass(including windows). Glazing in general refers to windows or glass. I assume he is referring to double pane windows which some (all?) Barth coaches have. What is most annoying is the ice that forms inside the coach on the metal window FRAMES. Double pane windows do a great job of keeping the cold (and heat) out. When it is really cold your side panels tend to pull REAL HARD as they contract and may pop a rivet or two.

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I guess that title did sound funny. What I meant was could you get Thermopane (or similar) glass in the windows. Themopane is two panes of glass set in one frame with a gas filled gap in between. The system slows heat transfer and keeps the inside of the coach (or house) warmer and minimizes condensation on the inside in winter. It also keeps things a bunch toastier inside. It's pretty common in truck campers, because hunters and ice fishermen like to use their four by fours in winter.

------------------
Best,

[This message has been edited by eugarps (edited January 27, 2005).]

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
We just got a new bay window in our house and it had triple pane. There are a couple places who supply rv thermopane windows.

http://www.all-rite.com/

and

http://www.peninsulaglassco.com/

posted Hide Post
Over on the forsale section there is listed a "1987 Regal First 15500 gets it" in the picture section it shows a good pic of doublepane windows.

Ralph Glover

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post