Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    water heater
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

water heater
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello All
I have a 92 Barth breakaway diesel. To most of you this maybe a dumb question. I've been trying to find the water heater on this coach. Can anyone direct me where it is ? Then my other question is when draining the water from this coach I assume the water will be drained from the heater and does one need to turn off the heater somehow or just leave it ?

Posts: 47 | Location: nevada,tx,collin | Member Since: 09-11-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
bigcat,

Barth is a truly custom coach, so this may not be your design, but a friend of mine also just bought a Breakaway. It is a 94, but should be similar to yours. His water heater is under his closet on the passenger side in the rear of the coach. Since the HW Heater is propane fired, there should be a switch above the entry door labeled "Hot Water" that turns on/off the hot water heater. You definitely want it to be off if you are draining the heater. If you are winterizing, you should install a HW heater by-pass kit so you can pump RV antifreeze through the system without filling the hot water heater.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bill - you was correct for location. I would have never looked there as there is no outside access door. This is however in mine a electric only heater and is not conneceted to lp gas.

Posts: 47 | Location: nevada,tx,collin | Member Since: 09-11-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post