Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    southco Compartment Locks
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

southco Compartment Locks
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted
I had several compartment locks, where the portion that the key is supposed to "grab" [not sure what it's called], was completly stripped-out.

I contacted southco [Becky Balcavage] -via email- and explained my dilemma. She was able to send-me 2 sample locks and a [now] 3rd key at no charge.

My original locks were E3-35-37 [37 equating to the color silver. This color has been discontinued, so she recommended the E3-35-35, which is BLACK in color. The key is an E3-5-15.

I know some of you have some-sort of rendition of this lock/latch.

Anyway... The cost per unit was $9.75 ...I have 20 total locks on my truck. So, I purchased 18 units from a local distributer [15 minutes from my house] and was able to pick-them-up in 1 week.

These locks look great and work even better. I had to purchase longer screws than the ones that were provided for mounting, but the replacement process is about 10 minutes per unit.

I am tossing all the locks which are totally "stripped", but will be retaining the "good" locks [E3-35-37 silver in color -and- 17 years old], so if anyone is looking for a couple of these, you are certainly welcome to them. I will be keeping a couple for myself, just to carry along for emergency replacement, but the rest are up-for-grabs!

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
robin: I could use as many as you can spare.

Peter Strow
800 S.E. 8th Ave
Oak Harbor, WA 98277

360 221 7039 (H)
360 675 5988 (W) Pacific Time

Posts: 15 | Location: whidbey island, washington | Member Since: 10-11-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
Peter...

Looks-like I should have 10 units for you.

I will call-you in the next 72 hours to arrange shipment.

If you need "new" or extra keys, you can contact southco, and they will ship-to-you a single, sample unit.

These units will come-with all original mounting hardware.

rM

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
Peter...

Sorry it took so long to get these units sent-off to you ...mailed them today, so you should get them in 2 days [give or take].

11 total units -plus- a bunch of mounting hardware.

I called and left a message at your home number.

Hope this works-out for you!

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

posted Hide Post
robin, they arrived safely today, and I'll keep you posted on my progress. For everybody else, I'll have a few spare (new) keys for the Southco E3-35-35 locks soon. It was cheaper to buy 10 than three.
Let me know if you need one or two.

Peter "Formertrekkie"--strowph@whidbey.com

Posts: 15 | Location: whidbey island, washington | Member Since: 10-11-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post