Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    12v lights flicking on & off
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

12v lights flicking on & off
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Gorman Newman
posted
I was wondering if anyone has ever had the problem of when on generator and having the 12v cabin lights on....they start to go on & off. Also, when I am plugged into the house sometimes they do that too....all the other flourescents and such work fine....just the row of 12v that I have going down the center of the Barth interior. Strange and probably something simple I have done. Thanks Gorman

1995 Barth Mobile Office
P-30 454 23'
Data Tag 9505 S0002 23L 01

Posts: 61 | Location: Panama City Beach, Florida | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
The on/off sounds like a loose connection of some sort. I usually start by bumping, pulling, slapping, jumping and otherwise try to make something move in the circuit. The switch could have a loose connection on the back or be defective. Think of it as the same when you are trying to get the string of Xmas tree lights working and it turns out to be a loose bulb some place in the string. If it happens with any AC source of power it has nothing to do with the AC source of power. It is a DC problem. My center lights would work and then not work but they would pop the circuit breaker. Found a broken wire, fixed that and all is OK.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Is there an automatic reset circuit breaker feeding them?

They will do that.

Does it do that when just one of the lights is on or only when they are all on?

Find the circuit and get some amp readings.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post