Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Engine Replacement
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Engine Replacement
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello Dave -

I have a 1972 25ft. w/bussle that needs a new 402 Big Block engine. What is the best way to remove & replace engine? Also, any ideas on where to get the best price on that type of engine? She has been broken down in the Tucson area for over a year. Need to also find a resonable mechanic to do the work. If forced to sell as is, what would be the best price I could get?

Thank you for your time!

Posts: 2 | Location: Eureka Springs, AR USA | Member Since: 03-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
For remanufactured engines I have had good luck with www.1800runsnew.com They have a good warranty and generally cheap shipping.
Tim

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
On my 28 footer they removed the passenger window and used an engine hoist picker type to remove the engine. On my 22 footer I was going to make up an I beam and use an engine chain hoist to remove it to the door. From there I was going to use a cherry type engine hoist to take it out through the door. The engine rebuild company they used was Jasper Engines. It seems to be running OK. The warr. is good for only six months with an engine that is used in a motor home. GM has a create engine that sounds pretty good.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I replaced mine by removing the front suspension crossmember (six bolts on each side) and dropping the engine straight down.

If I were going to remove it out the door, I would remove the heads first.

(edited to remove incorrect information)

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited March 09, 2005).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Bill!
Thank you so much Bill! Any idea how I can get in touch with Linda?

quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Linda had an engine replaced in Tucson. She might have a recommendation.

I replaced mine by removing the front suspension crossmember (six bolts on each side) and dropping the engine straight down.

If I were going to remove it out the door, I would remove the heads first.

Posts: 2 | Location: Eureka Springs, AR USA | Member Since: 03-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Sundi, I was mistaken. I think Linda had their motor replaced in Yuma, not Tucson.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post