Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    gen/ac
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

gen/ac
 Login now/Join our community

posted
when i turn my ac on with the gen running it bogs down my gen and gen quits running..the gen is a onan 4k...the ac works fine off house current...would appreciate any suggestions from any of u...thanks roy

------------------
"The Hawk"
Celebrating 40 yrs of being a professional musician!!

1977 454 p30 21'

Posts: 30 | Location: alto pass, Illinois,usa | Member Since: 03-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Replace the fuel filter first. Then put in some Red Line fuel system cleaner. I have become a real believer in that particular brand. It might be hard to find, but it is best. Check the frequency of the AC or RPM of the motor. Check carb and governor linkage for freedom of movement. Check for a good fat purple spark. Remove the muffler to be sure it is not carboned up or restricted.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks bill..i was hoping u would reply...your "top barth" in my book..i was afraid something was shorted out electrically..i was out earlier the linkage seems fine..i did some reading in the manual..it says it has an adjustment on the carb for idiling and one for when it has a load..i noticed when i rev it up it would bog down like the fuel setting wasnt right..i will do the things u recommended and possibly adjust the carb if needed..would u say most likely it is not an electrical problem? thanks very much for the info!! roy

------------------
"The Hawk"
Celebrating 40 yrs of being a professional musician!!

1977 454 p30 21'

Posts: 30 | Location: alto pass, Illinois,usa | Member Since: 03-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post