Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    NuTone Food Center
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

NuTone Food Center
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We recently bought the 84 MCC Regency from the Sketels and found that the built in blender does not work. Not sure if it is the motor or if it is the switches.

Does anyone know how to check to see what the true issues are?

Is it worth fixing the built in or should we just junk the unit and move on?

Does anyone know where to buy parts or have one they want to sell?

Jeff Larsen
Salem Oregon
84 35' barth Regency

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you junk the blender I will buy the plastic pitcher from you. Our blender works but the pitcher part leaks. If your pitcher is still in good shape and does not leak I hear some strawberry slushes in my future. Let me know.

LonnieG wife...whamer

Posts: 19 | Location: Hanover, PA | Member Since: 03-27-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
What am I hearing here.. Your Barth isn't a Barth without it's Nu tone. Man you can turn boulders into sand in that thing. Scrambled eggs to great ice drinks. Go to EBay and search on Nu tone, all you need is there. These aren't made anymore but there are still part, (but they ain't cheap)...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Testing the switches is relatively easy - but since you asked about it, it's probably best to get an electrician. He can also test the motor.

If you get a "hum" when the switch is on, chances are it's a frozen shaft/bearings, and those can be replaced/repaired.

But most electricians would first check to see if there's power to the unit (Excuse me ma'am, but is it plugged in?" - which doesn't apply to this hardwired piece), then work their way downstream...power, switches, relays, motor.

Chances are it's something simple, and the unit can be restored. Most blender motors are pretty robust, and have a motor stall something-or-other that prevents burnout...

If you can remove the unit, you can have it tested quickly and relatively cheaply.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

What type of place would I take the motor to for testing?

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Most electrical supply, motor rewind shops, or appliance repair shops can test it, and maybe even repair it on the spot. The ideal shop would be scruffy, cluttered, and run by an older guy who knows how to fix things.

However, motors like these rarely fail completely unless someone spilled liquid into it. I'd first check to see if it's getting power.

Not running on the bench could be caused by:

An open/shorted winding (the worst case - have to rewind - not cheap, or replace)
Bad capacitor (It may or may not have start and run caps)
Frozen bearings
Stuck or bad brushes (some AC motors have 'em, some don't)

Testing should take about fifteen minutes.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quote " and run by an OLDER guy who knows how to fix things".

Wow, there IS hope for for us old guys after all.

Just recently I told Sharon, DID YOU SEE THAT OLD F--T CUT ME OFF? Yes, she said, and he was PROBABLY 3 years or so YOUNGER than YOU.

Why is it I'M the ONLY one NOT getting OLD?

I LOVE TO DREAM.

Dale
Indy

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Older guys know how to fix things. Younger guys know how to replace components, & if the first one doesn't help, replace another one until they've replaced components that cost more than a whole new unit. Then they discover it isn't plugged in, & charge you extra for that.

But never trust an older guy who brags, "Don't worry, I've been in the business for thirty years."

Been there, done that.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited October 10, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I am glad that we don't have any "older guys" frequent this website. They are all over on Escapees...

In my case, I'll turn 40 next year, or is it the year after? So I am moving right along.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
olroy, how did you KNOW I have been in business EXACTLY 30 years this month? Is it OK if I brag that I KNOW DAVE BOWERS?

Yep, 30 years this month, and PROUD to BRAG that I know Dave.

Sorry, olroy, there is an EXCEPTION to every rule. hehehe

Dale
Indy

In youth we learn; in age we understand

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited October 10, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited October 10, 2005).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Braggin' on 30 years in business ain't bad by itself, it's the "don't worry" part you have to watch out for. It's right there with, "to be perfectly honest," & " the check is in the mail."

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
olroy, JUST KIDDING YOU. I understand fully.

Dale