Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Need Help
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Need Help
 Login now/Join our community

posted
HI, a good friend of mine and his wife were oweners of a 91 Barth MH, he died. The MH is in great condition, but she still needs help in operating it, I have some experence in campers but new to a MH. I do have all the documation, and have done some research, but still need help, I would like to know about filling the fresh water tank, can that be done hooked up to city water, and does the water heater work with electric and gas, I have not found a switch for the water heater. I think the MH has a automatic switch that controls the power, shore line or gen.
How do you find the model of the MH, I do have all the floor plans, this should be easy with a little help. Thanks in advance. Zman

Posts: 6 | Location: IL. | Member Since: 06-15-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
zman, look for a data tag mounted on the wall near the driver's seat. Post the vin number and the Barth unit number and we can decode it for you. The Barth number will look like 9999-9999-99aa-???.
If you have the Barth notebook from the factory the numbers are probably also on the cover.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums!

Nick is right on - there are several lines of Barth, and each line tends to be different. More to the point, coaches in each line are all different.

BTW, photos help in many instances.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nick and Rusty, I'll be getting over to the MH in a day or two, I know all that info is in the binder that is the MH. I plan on getting the MH to my place and do a dry run setting it up, and when I'm comfortable with that, I'm going to get the owener and help her set it up and run her through some different setups, (city water) working with the pump, generator, different power hookups, shes already got the awing down pat. Thanks again and I"ll be getting back with that info. Zman

Posts: 6 | Location: IL. | Member Since: 06-15-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all, I've just got the info,
the unit # 9102 3714 30BS 1B
VIN # 4S7KT9T15MC3522
I got these Numbers off the binder, I hope they are correct. Also the water heater is an Atwood
model G6A-8E. Thanks again Zman

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zman:
I would like to know about filling the fresh water tank, can that be done hooked up to city water.

The coach probably has two ways of filling. One is a gravity fill, which is often on the passenger side behind a plastic door. The other is a garden hose city water connection, usually on the driver side. That connection pressurizes the water system and is connected to an electric solenoid fill valve controlled by a switch on the panel above the door. It usually sounds an alarm when the tank is full.

quote:
I think the MH has a automatic switch that controls the power, shore line or gen.

Perhaps. But......all Barths are different (true Barth Cultists chant this around the campfire as the moon rises), but mine has a switch that must be rotated. It is located where the 120V breakers and 12V fuses are. My info could be a little old for you, but, hopefully, a poster with a similar year and model will add some information.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And on mine the "Autofill" just sounds an alarm when the tank is full...it doesn't fill the tank from the city water connection.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
make sure that your water tank is full and not bypassed.make sure that water is coming out of the hot water tank.a plug should be on the tank on the outside of the motor home.unplug it and make sure that water comes out.or turn your pump and air should come out till it is full of water.if water comes out rite away.check the plug.DON'T TURN THE SWITCH UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR SURE
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi all, I've just got the info,
the unit # 9102 3714 30BS 1B
VIN # 4S7KT9T15MC3522
The Vin is actually 4S7KT9T15MC003522. Did you get this coach from Jerry out of Aviston?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, Jerry died in January, the coach still belongs to his wife, I'm just trying to help her figure it out. She is wanting to keep it and with a little help I think she will be able to do so.

Thanks Zman

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill, Jerry died in January...
I'm sorry to hear that. I talked to him several times by email and I believe once by phone.

Where are you at now in your Barth quest for enlightenment? Did you get it to your house and attempt a dry-run yet?

In regards to the "auto-fill" alarm being your warning and fill stop... use it, but don't count on it. We've had several instances of this failing and people flooding out their campers.

We'll try to help some more, just get her to your house so we can do a "check this... check that... do this... do that..."

It's a little easier to follow if the information is more fluid and you have it right there to check. Please, if you can, snap a picture or 2 of this coach

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, I have not got the coach home yet, I'll planning on that one night this week. I'll be extra careful when filling the tank I have the outside fill located. and I did find out the water heater is an Atwood G6A-8E, I have not found the inside switch for the water heater. I did find the swith for the power It is locate by the breaker plannel, under a false bottom door. I can plug the camper in and it works fine, or unplug it and start the gen, and it works fine too. So I'm thinking it's a automatic switch. Jerry was a great person, the best fix-it man ever, he went fast, This coach was a real joy for him, I'd like to see his wife keep it and ejoy it too. Also when I get it home I will take and post some pictures. Thanks again Zman

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
AFTER THE WATER TANK IS FULL IT JUST RUNS ON THE GROUND DON,T GET UPSET IF THAT HAPPENS .WATER IS PUMPED TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU WANT IT.
LENNY

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post