Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Water pump
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Water pump
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
posted
I just came in from trying to winterize. Water pump won't take suction, so can't. Was working fine 2weeks ago on hunting trip
My questions before I pull the pump are

Any obvios reasons the pump wouldn,t come on, indicater light on control panel is on

Any suction or high pressure manual shutdowns?
Thanks
Glenn

Posts: 14 | Location: KcMo | Member Since: 02-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
To troubleshoot, make sure there's water in the tank.

Check the circuit breaker panel.

Open a faucet and listen for the pump to run.

If it runs continuously and there's no water, assuming the tank isn't nearly empty, it could be a suction leak.

If it doesn't make noise, the chances are it's defunct. If you're in north KC, Liberty RV, I-35, Exit 17, take 291 south, will have it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
posted Hide Post
Water pump runs, suction filter is clear, but still no suction, from winterizing valve or water tank. Will replace water pump tomorrow.

Thanks Rusty
Glenn

Posts: 14 | Location: KcMo | Member Since: 02-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If the motor runs, you might not need to replace the whole thing. You can buy a rebuild kit for water pumps. Just a diaphragm and valves. Pretty reasonable.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Glenn, I'd remove the pump and take it to a dealer if you're going to replace only the valves - it would be worthwhile to see if that fixed the problem; I got the kit (from Liberty RV when the pump crapped out while at my sister's near Lathrop). It didn't work, even though the symptoms were the same as yours. I ended up replacing the whole thing when I got home.

If you do decide just to get a new pump, I'd suggest the Shurflo Smart Sensor. This was installed in my Breakaway before I got it, and it's very nice to have.

BTW, I've bought from PPLMotorhomes and have been completely satisfied - I had one return (toilet, that didn't fit), and there was no problem.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Also try running your pump and go around and open each faucet for 15 seconds or so in case you have an air lock in one of the lines. Then do the same to the toilet. That happened to me just this morning....the pump ran and ran but very little water came out until i hit the pedal for the toilet. Got a bunch of air out and then had water at all faucets and the pump finally built up pressure and shut off. Just replaced the pump last winter so was pretty sure it was fine, had just refilled the tank so i figured there was an airlock somewhere....usually it is one of the sinks but not this time.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post