Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Regal fresh water tank
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Regal fresh water tank
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Boonton Jim
posted
I just started filling the fresh water tank and the water leaks out of the bottom of the tank through a small plastic tube like nub. I assume this is to drain the system. The nub is not threaded. What do folks use to plug this?

Or is this nub the outlet from the tank to the water system?

1985 25' Regal 454

Posts: 59 | Location: Boonton, NJ | Member Since: 09-26-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boonton Jim
posted Hide Post
This is a picture of the tube like nub that water flows put of when filling the fresh water tank.

1985 25' Regal 454

Posts: 59 | Location: Boonton, NJ | Member Since: 09-26-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
You probably have a drain valve OPEN.

Trace that *nub* back thru the water compartment and you "should" find a valve (which is probably set in the in-line position).

Close the valve and you should be in business.

At first glance, all the tubing and valves in the water compartment appear to be confusing.

Just visually trace each section of tubing to it's origin and suddenly, it will all make sense.

This is probably a tube that comes out of the botton / side of the fresh water tank, leads to a valve, then leads to the *nub* that you have pictured.

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boonton Jim
posted Hide Post
You were absolutely correct. The water lines look confusing and I did have a valve open. Unfortunately when I close the valve I don't get a get a good seal and the water still trickles out.

When I turned on the water pump a line under the kitchen sink gave out. Anyone have ideas where to source the plastic pipes and fittings used to plumb these coaches?

1985 25' Regal 454

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I may be corrected by someone else, but I've read here that the way to go is to replace plastic piping/fittings with PEX and be done with it.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
The pipe and fitting we have in our Barths (gray) has been outlawed in Home construction over 10 years ago. As mentioned above replace with PEX as needed. You can also get fittings that will work with your current pipes at the hardware store.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
One of the first things we did to our Regency after we purchased it was to replace all the polybutylene (gray pipe) with 1/2 inch pex. It took over 200 feet of pipe, hundreds of crimp rings, and a lot of fittings, valves, etc. As mentioned polybutylene is cannot be used in home construction. Many years ago a lawsuit forced the makers to pay for the cost of replacing the pipe in homes. The following link gives a brief description of that suit.
Polybutylene lawsuit

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We had PB blow out from water that was a little too hot for it. Just the smallest DC pump for pressure.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
This might be a good time to remind everyone to have a pressure regulator in line when you are at a campground. Shorewater pressures can be very high and blow plumbing apart.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
This might be a good time to remind everyone to have a pressure regulator in line when you are at a campground. Shorewater pressures can be very high and blow plumbing apart.

Yes indeed. Was reading many reviews a couple days ago and plan to order Valterra SS model.
http://www.amazon.com/Valterra...+regulator+stainless

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post