Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Breakaway Brakes Flex Hoses
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Breakaway Brakes Flex Hoses
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted
Trying to replace the flex/rubber brake hoses on my '92 Breakaway. Ordered from Spartan via my vin# and unfortunately received incorrect hoses. Spartan kindly is permitting me to return the them.

My calipers are all stock and was hoping someone may have part numbers for the four hoses and the rear center hose. Alternatively, can someone suggest where possibly I could provide my original hoses and have duplicates made (my Napa does not and knew of no one)? Thank you much.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 383 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
This is an issue that Spartan needs to sort out for you. You my want to send pictures of your set-up to them.
I had a similar issue with Gillig, Needed throttle return springs and was told they were Cat parts. Cat said they were William Control parts. Went back to Gillig and found the right parts guy and he found them in their stock.

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hemi354az (FMC #120)
posted Hide Post
Look in the Yellow Pages (remember the Yellow Pages ?) for a PARKER Store near you. Take all your hoses to them, and they will duplicate them with new hose and fittings . . . for a reasonable price. Or:
https://www.parker.com/portal/...e&citype=ParkerStore

Lou FMC #120 in Aridzona

Posts: 36 | Location: Shopsdale, Aridzona | Member Since: 09-07-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Ted,
Unfortunately Steve is right about the parts person. Persistence pays off. Keep trying
Hemi also has a good idea. The parker store by me has a good counter guy that will search for the right components. Parker stores are carrying less stock and you may have to order the right fittings.
Not sure about you hemi354, but I know for Steve, Ted and myself 58's rule. We are new breed of Barth owners.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Thanks for responding.

Offered to mail my hoses to Spartan for them to match up - sales rep declined. Contacted a couple Parker stores in the area but they didn't make brake lines.

Persistence! Will let you all know.

'92 Breakaway
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 383 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
or these:

http://www.class8truckparts.co...2Csubjectbin%2Cprice

https://www.rvchassisparts.com...vchassis/runApp?id=5

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2589 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pgh. Pirate:

Offered to mail my hoses to Spartan for them to match up - sales rep declined. Contacted a couple Parker stores in the area but they didn't make brake lines.

We probably both have the same basic chassis (EC2242); I replaced my brake hoses 2½ years ago. Got them from Spartan. My invoice files got scrambled, but when I get a chance, I'll try to locate the invoice and image a copy.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Indeed, my Spartan tag in the genset access indicates I do have an EC-2242.
I was surprised Spartan was not interested in this chassis number, rather only my vin.
This project is merely maintenance - I trust time is not of the essence.
If I have success with Doug's sites I will immediately post (with the part numbers!) Otherwise I'll patiently await. Thank you for your time.

'92 Breakaway
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
According to my mechanic, only 2 of the top item, 0210-MM1-001, were needed.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hemi354az (FMC #120)
posted Hide Post

Posts: 36 | Location: Shopsdale, Aridzona | Member Since: 09-07-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delayed response - don't check my mail daily - yes, still "flipp'n". I was sent the same hose part numbers as Rusty kindly provided, HOWEVER:

On Fri. I rec'd mail from a different Spartan rep. stating:

"According to the Bill of Materials, the brake hoses you were shipped are the ones we installed on the chassis. The only thing that I see that wasn’t ordered was (2) adapters at the end of each hose (see attached drawing). Part number on the adapter is 7818 and you should be able to pick these up at a local NAPA dealer. If for some reason this doesn’t work, let me know and we can take the hoses back." (Apparently the first rep. did not notice the needed adapter) head bang

The part is described by Napa as "7818 fitting adapter, 3/16” to ¼”". First impression is this part will solve my problems. I will pick up the parts tomorrow and inform.

Thanks to all for the suggested sites. I have saved them all for future reference.

'92 Breakaway
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Napa 7818 resolved the problem.
First, the Confession: Buying the two adapters was unnecessary. What is necessary is good lighting in a work area. The original adapters were on the ends of the original hoses I removed. wack

Secondly, thanks to all who have contributed thoughts.
Third, challenge the notion I'm an old dog:

Thanks Kevin.
Finally, use Rusty's great bleeding procedure:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...771015503#3771015503

Oh yeah, email Spartan and apologize Sorry

'92 Breakaway
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pgh. Pirate:
I'm an old dog:

Can't be that old! You are among the NEW breed of Barth owners. Great job posting the picture. This picture will be useful to retrofitting other issues. Thumbs Up Your choice of topic wording is also great for finding this topic as a reference for future repairs. Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post