Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    AC Problems
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

AC Problems
 Login now/Join our community

<lilkyprincess>
posted
I have 1979 model, but the ac unit is a relatively new Coleman. It was working last year, but now as soon as you turn it on it is tripping the breaker. My husband tried a different breaker to see if just the breaker was bad, but that didn't work. I can't get any ac people to come out to look at it. Does anyone have any ideas or now of a website I can go to?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey lilky princess,One common problem with a/c units is that something obstructs the fan from moving,when servicing some units I have found that foam molding had became unattached to the side of the unit and fell down upon the fan blade not allowing the fan to turn and thus will kick off a breaker.another thing is having a plugged drain line and rust actually builds up inside the unit again stopping the fan blade from turning. One more thing to check is for a possible flat spot on the motor armature sometimes a simple rap from a soft hammer directly on the a/c motor will free it up ,but try this last(it works for my inground pool pump motor)GOOD LUCK and welcome aboard.

Posts: 9 | Location: WEBSTER N.Y. U.S.A. | Member Since: 05-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
I second what Jay talked about........

Last year I couldn't get my Mach-3 to kick on (it had been sitting 18 months.) I figured it was time for a new unit anyway, (10+ yrs), so bought a new one from CW when they ran their specials.....

Hauled it home, unpacked it, made a slide bridge to hoist it up on the roof and was good-to-go......As I took the interior shroud off the old unit, I could see the fan blades. For no particular reason, I reached up and moved the blades... There was a little resistence at first and then the blades turned freely. Threw the switch and the darn thing came on and blew cold air like it was the North Pole! ....Been working perfectly ever since!

Try THAT first....Unlike me, it might save ya about 500 bucks.....(If it works, I'd suggest we split the savings - you keep $250 and send me $250

Lee
Wash. DC
'78-24'/p-30/454

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Does it run in the fan position? If not, attend the fan motor. If it does run in fan, but not in cool, then attend the compressor.

If it is the blower motor, a little penetrating oil on the shaft can loosen things up.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee, you are a KIND HEARTED fellow. Splitting the savings is SUCH a KIND jester, and one that we ALL admire.

My bride of 45 years is an ALL AMERICAN gal and loved by many, and a SHOPPER for sure. I tell her she does NOT know the difference from an item being FOR SALE, and one ON SALE. She will tell me how she SAVED us 5.00, and I say NO you COST us 10.00. It is all in good spirit, and she REMINDS me of all my toys, so I SHUT UP.

Thanks Lee for being so KIND to a fellow Barth owner. We need more like you.

Dale

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited June 28, 2005).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I have read somewhere that you should run your ac units at least once a month for a few minutes to keep it in working order.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Said it before and I'll say it again. CLEAN THOSE FILTERS!!!!!!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post